Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'02 SEL 24V: PWR Windows, Key Fob Issues-Module??

Hello!

'02 Taurus SEL wagon w/ 24v Duratec. For a while now, the pwr windows will not work for the first 3-4 min of driving. Second issue: Memory is getting shorter w/ the key fob. It was at about 2 weeks, then I would have to reprogram it...now it's down to only several hours, and the fob will no longer work.

My mechanic told me that it is most likely an electronic module in the driver's door...does this sound right? Is this the GEM module, or is that something different?

Thank you much in advance! Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some checking around the forum, and the P/N seems to be 2F1T-14B205-CB.

If any of you recommend that I find one of those to replace my own, I will be on it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Hello!

'02 Taurus SEL wagon w/ 24v Duratec. For a while now, the pwr windows will not work for the first 3-4 min of driving. Second issue: Memory is getting shorter w/ the key fob. It was at about 2 weeks, then I would have to reprogram it...now it's down to only several hours, and the fob will no longer work.

My mechanic told me that it is most likely an electronic module in the driver's door...does this sound right? Is this the GEM module, or is that something different?

Thank you much in advance! Dave

Short battery life in key fob likely a stuck key in the fob. If that fob is talking to the car all the time it may be messing thins up. I would take the battery out of the fob and see if the car works better.

-chart-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Short battery life in key fob likely a stuck key in the fob. If that fob is talking to the car all the time it may be messing thins up. I would take the battery out of the fob and see if the car works better.

-chart-

I see what you mean. I can't rule that out. Buttons seem to bounce back out. I did replace the fob battery once.

I will try removing the battery, and see if the window issue goes away...

Thank you much, dave

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
I see what you mean. I can't rule that out. Buttons seem to bounce back out. I did replace the fob battery once.

I will try removing the battery, and see if the window issue goes away...

Thank you much, dave

These cars are noted for breaking wires in the accordion from the door to body. I have had 3 do that. Windows, speaker, door locks. You can move the accordion while idling the car and see if makes difference.
Got pics if you need to fix the wire.

-chart-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These cars are noted for breaking wires in the accordion from the door to body. I have had 3 do that. Windows, speaker, door locks. You can move the accordion while idling the car and see if makes difference.
Got pics if you need to fix the wire.

-chart-

That makes sense. That would explain why the rear speakers stopped working (it's a wagon, btw) though both stopped at the same time.

Thank you! Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
chartmaker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing