Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it preferred to drop it out the top or the bottom of the car???
i can get an 02 motor with 59k for around $550.

also any good motor how to walkthroughs???

i can do all the work myself so just want to find out any special tips or tricks.

go figured i just put on new shocks and struts on my wagona long with new tires and the motor sounds like it has some bad bearings in it and overheated and lost all power today.

thanks i looked through old threads but couldnt find what i wanted.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Through the bottom, 100%.

Label all things disconnected from the engine, and label where they go on the new engine. Saves lots of time hooking things back up. You can take pictures, too, if you need to double-check how things are supposed to look.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. is it easiest to just disconnect the upper strut towers and the exhaust and rad hoses and wire harnes then lower the whole cradle???

i have swapped other motors in only rwd so just seeing how different a fwd one will be, i am sure chiltons might help me out as well

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
DIsconnect struts at the top, wiring, etc and drop the engine and tranny on the subframe out the bottom as a unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.