Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't there supposed to be a vacuum line hooked up to the fuel pressure regulator on an '02 Duratec? I've been having performance problems for some time, and while I was replacing the alternator today (LOTS AND LOTS of fun!!!) I noticed the nipple on the regulator and no hose on it.

I'l be hanged if I can figuer out what happened to it if indeed it's missig - I THOUGHT there was one there. :huh:

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Yeah, that's supposed to have a vacuum line on it. Check around the throttle body (vacuum side), if it was knocked off the tube will just be hanging there sucking in air, creating a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (93 Sable @ Apr 20 2009, 01:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719087
Yeah, that's supposed to have a vacuum line on it. Check around the throttle body (vacuum side), if it was knocked off the tube will just be hanging there sucking in air, creating a vacuum leak.[/b]
That's what I thought, because I have messed with that thing a number of times. However, I was suffering from a major brain fart at the time I was looking at it. Changing an alternator in the rain will do that to you... :wacko:

That alternator, by the way, is about to become the subject of another post :angry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts