Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I'm hoping someone here has dealt with the same issue and has a solution for me. My 2002 Taurus has the 3.0 Duratec, non flex fuel and the coolant pipe assembly that runs along the front cylinder head is leaking at the welds where the O2 Sensor clips on. I've attached some photos. I really would prefer to replace the part and keep it looking original but it seems Ford discontinued it? Their parts diagrams in those years really suck.

Has anyone else dealt with this? I'll cut it out and add a section of coolant hose if need be but I'd really prefer not to.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Fish Tread Close-up Metal Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Gas

You can't see the leak in the photos but its the pipe the bright green oxygen sensor connector is clipped to. Please help if you're familiar. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't have an answer for you; except maybe find one at the JY? I did just that for all the radiator/coolant hoses on my '04 Tec as spares for this very reason. Figured the crazy configuration of hoses on these engines and expected difficulty finding replacements warranted being proactive; even if they are used. Then again, my car has 276K miles and I am just nursing it along until the rust finally forces me to take it off the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an answer for you; except maybe find one at the JY? I did just that for all the radiator/coolant hoses on my '04 Tec as spares for this very reason. Figured the crazy configuration of hoses on these engines and expected difficulty finding replacements warranted being proactive; even if they are used. Then again, my car has 276K miles and I am just nursing it along until the rust finally forces me to take it off the road.
Yeah man I think I'm going to have to, the yards near me are scarce on parts lately. My main go to changed ownership recently, they crush everything now 😩 I just got the Taurus last month with 100k on it. I'm a Chevy guy by nature but am starting to really like the car. You're right though the coolant hose configuration is certainly over engineered lol, already had to build a pipe with a fitting on it to replace the goofy Tee by the battery.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
581 Posts
Hey all I'm hoping someone here has dealt with the same issue and has a solution for me. My 2002 Taurus has the 3.0 Duratec, non flex fuel and the coolant pipe assembly that runs along the front cylinder head is leaking at the welds where the O2 Sensor clips on. I've attached some photos. I really would prefer to replace the part and keep it looking original but it seems Ford discontinued it? Their parts diagrams in those years really suck.

Has anyone else dealt with this? I'll cut it out and add a section of coolant hose if need be but I'd really prefer not to.

View attachment 218994 View attachment 218997 View attachment 218998

You can't see the leak in the photos but its the pipe the bright green oxygen sensor connector is clipped to. Please help if you're familiar. Thanks
I would try to remove the pipe, clean it up and braze it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts