Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 02' Taurus with the Vulcan. I have a problem where the car, 90% of the time after a cold start, will cut out as I get onto the road and start to accelerate. It's almost like it completely dies, and then comes back to right where it left off in a split second. It usually does it 2 or 3 times during my initial cold acceleration, then once the motor heats up it doesn't seem to do it anymore. The problem lately though seems that it is doing it even more frequently so I'd like to nip this is the butt before it becomes a big problem. Any Ideas??

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 02' Taurus with the Vulcan. I have a problem where the car, 90% of the time after a cold start, will cut out as I get onto the road and start to accelerate. It's almost like it completely dies, and then comes back to right where it left off in a split second. It usually does it 2 or 3 times during my initial cold acceleration, then once the motor heats up it doesn't seem to do it anymore. The problem lately though seems that it is doing it even more frequently so I'd like to nip this is the butt before it becomes a big problem. Any Ideas??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm surprised a check engine light has not come on. When was the last tuneup?
Worn or foul plugs not firing through oil, then when hotter it burns through to the plug tip/electrode.
Pull a few plugs and check condition. Sticky throttle body. Let it warm up longer and do a tune up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts