Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my thermostat & coolant temp sensor & now my car wont start unless i give it liberal throttle. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
The temp sensor you changed, was it for the PCM or the gauge. If for the PCM, did you reconnect it properly. If it's not connected it will default the PCM to think the engine is -40 below and it will be extremely rich. If that's not the issue go back and check out anything you had disconnected or removed and make sure it's hooked up properly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure if its for the gauge or PCM its located to the immediate left of the thermostat and its connected properly unless a wire is broken but once i get it started it will restart fine for a few hours then hard start again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Once it starts, temp climbs as it should but getting it started is the hard part lol. It threw a ce light once, stating that the pcm picked up a cold signal, so i guess it it is the pcm sensor afterall

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
Gray-based 2 wire sensor is for the pcm (computer). Brown-based 1 wire sensor is the temp. sender for the dash gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts