Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!!

I'm new and thought that this would be the best place to post this:

I just got a used 01 Taurus SES that has a moonroof. While driving in a very bad storm this evening, I noticed my forehead got hit with one (stress: ONE) drop of water. I thought maybe I was sweating or something, but I felt another one a minute later. I checked for condensation on the inside glass and molding and found nothing to be wet. I had the AC turned to Max. I have had the car in a car wash twice and washed it once myself (I've had it only 2 weeks and its been bad weather the whole time) and it has yet to leak. We had a 90 Sable LS (with every option) and the moonroof never leaked. Could my moonroof be starting to go bad?

I went out later this evening and noticed the moonroof has a very slight amount of give to it, but it was barely noticable. And I tried hitting the moonroof with a strong stream of water from the garden hose with no leak found. Has anybody else noticed this? This was a downright wicked storm and I was driving close to 70 MPH. Its under a bumper to bumper warranty for the next 2 years so I can just take it to the dealer (who used to own it himself... yeah, I have proof).

Thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! :D

It started pouring again so I took it back out and did not get any kind of water in the car. I do have the cabin air filter out (was going to put the new one in today but no can do with the rain). Wonder if that could be the culprit. Well at least its gone.

I'll post pics later... all black with some chrome on the bumpers and spoiler. For me, it is heaven compared to my old 93 Century. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it unless its consistent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts