Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 01 taurus and i do alot of driving. the seats in it are in good shape for the age but there not comfortable on long drives. Does anyone have any suggestions for seats i could swap in that are more comfortable? preferably heated and power with lumbar support.

·
Registered
374 Posts
the problem with using SHO seats is there arent any in the scrap yard.
Look on Craigslist, occasionally they will pop up as parts cars. Found one awhile back asking $1 on a V8 SHO, blew the head gasket, missing intake manifold and water filled the cylinders rusting them, but the interior was in great condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look on Craigslist, occasionally they will pop up as parts cars. Found one awhile back asking $1 on a V8 SHO, blew the head gasket, missing intake manifold and water filled the cylinders rusting them, but the interior was in great condition.
every SHO i see near me is between 1k and 3k. I have a very limited budget of about 200 to swap the front seats.

They are from time to time. I found a few.
the scrap yard in my area hasnt had any come in in close to a year and if they sit for 2 months they crush it :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unfortunately thats a 20 hr round trip drive for me... i dont need SHO seats for my car... i just need something with roughly the same height off the floor and close to the same wisth that has adjustable lumbar support and better cushioning then the worn out seats in my 01.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Do you have any self service yards near you like Pick a Part or LKQ Self Serve?

FYI they charge you for the seat and the seat track. So each power motor'd seat is $50 a pop...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.