Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, any help is greatly appreciated.
Radiator fans do not come on. Not even when the AC is turned on. Replaced the temperature sensor on the intake and replaced the Radiator Fan relay and checked the 40 amp fuse. Any ideas? Thanks,

·
Registered
23,578 Posts
You replaced the gray 2-wire ect (eng. coolant temp.) sensor? One check is to unplug the ect sensor and fans should come on high. Another is to run 12v to the fan motors to see if theyll spin. Iirc, someone on here had a problem with an ac hi- pressure switch keeping the fans from working. Might click on the search feature at the top of this page.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum, any help is greatly appreciated.
Radiator fans do not come on. Not even when the AC is turned on. Replaced the temperature sensor on the intake and replaced the Radiator Fan relay and checked the 40 amp fuse. Any ideas? Thanks,
had same problem. my husband fixed it. look to the right side of ur battery toward the bottom and u will see a small black box. unhook it and remove the cover. inside is a relay just like the ones in ur power distribution box replace it and start up ur car and the fans will now work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my '02. I checked the 40A fuse in the distribution block under the hood, it's fine. Other than that I see two 'fan relay or fan motor' listings in the manual. They're located in the same place, could this be the problem? And, is there any way to check them without having to replace them?

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts