Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

01 Taurus HELP!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sheila 
#1 ·
. 01 SOHC 88,000. When I first start the car the idle jumps up to 2000 plus and eventually goes back down but then when you put it in gear it will basically jump back up and drive itself until it comes back down . You can be cruising down the road and let off the gas and it will keep going for several minutes before it actually lets up, when it does this I can pop it in neutral and the rpms are at 3500. It acts like the throttle is sticking but I see know signs of it and I’ve cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor and also replaced the IAC,TPS and PCV . Any more ideas??

#2 ·
Replacing a IAC with out it being a Motorcraft one is a toss up in results. I have don't that and the idle was screwed up. On the highway the car didn't want to slow down quickly when foot was taken off gas pedal. Put in a junkyard IAC and it solved the issue. Was it doing this before you changed the IAC. How was the PCV valve elbow, they get soft and also cause problems. Also clean your throttle body, sometimes the plate will stick open a little. Other than that you need to check the cruise control linkage connection to throttle body, They have been know to pop off and stop the throttle plate from closing also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.