Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped out all the heater/cooling knobs/switches and no dice. NO matter what positon I switch the heater or ac controls to I get nothing. All postions are off. I'm wondering if it's a relay somewhere? Can anyone diagnose? I don't see any blown fuses but figuring it might be a bad relay? It's a 2001 taurus 3.0 v6. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
did you check the fuses? as i remember there are two fuses one is for the relay and one is for the fan supply. i have a wiring manual let me know if you couldn't locate it, the manual is not on my hand now to tell exact fuse numbers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
24 hours ago or less I had amazing ac. Today.. no heater or ac. I do have new blower motor resistor. Ac freion (coolant thing) full.
I will check fuses as stated before... which ones are the two mentioned? Ill check all but prefer not to.
What else could it be?

·
Administrator
15,317 Posts
Start at the beginning. When you say no heater or A/C do you mean blower, EATC, comp not kicking in...?

·
Registered
482 Posts
You need a new blower motor. Their easy to install, just remove the kick panel under the glove box and you can access it. I found a video for it here:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Try whacking the blower motor - see if it engages. Use your fist, a rubber mallet...something (after you remove the plastic cover underneath).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nothing yet. I was at tue movies qith my kids. And its 9:48 now... ill check fuses in the am. Then ill play with the b.motor. (yes ill make sure to remove the plastic cover, haha)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here are some wiring diagrams to help you troubleshoot. They are for my 2001 Taurus.

Do you mind emailing? I'm on a "smart" phone. I can't view them in a good resolution. Try zooming in..its sucks and I can't..

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
Okay, did you try the blower switch on all settings? If the works on high but the other three are dead then it's the resistor. If you've got nothing then start with fuse #8 (40A) under the dash. If that's good then check for power on the pink/white wire at the blower with the HVAC and key turned on. If you do, I would check for a ground on the orange wire but it's very likely your blower motor is burned out. You can ohm it with it unplugged if you want to check.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Okay, did you try the blower switch on all settings? If the works on high but the other three are dead then it's the resistor. If you've got nothing then start with fuse #8 (40A) under the dash. If that's good then check for power on the pink/white wire at the blower with the HVAC and key turned on. If you do, I would check for a ground on the orange wire but it's very likely your blower motor is burned out. You can ohm it with it unplugged if you want to check.

Excelent! My resistor is good, well under warranty. It doesn't budge at anu speeds. Ill let you know what I find tommorow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts