Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could really use some help.Ive got a 2001 ses with 175,000 miles.not sure whether the trans is original.the car had 60,000 miles when we bought it and we haven't touched the tranny.the problem is,it started whining in reverse and forward gears.it whines in all temps,although it started in cold weather.it only slips when changing up to go up inclines at slower speeds,and accelerating hard from stop.its not too bad right now,but im afraid its gonna go out all at once soon.the fluid/filter hasn't been changed in who knows how long,but i plan to change it soon.i appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Sounds like it's on it's way out. Now is the time to decide if you want to keep the car, put $2-$2500 into rebuilding the transmission, or to get something else. Changing the fluid and filter at this point will probably do nothing to help it now.

·
Registered
23,812 Posts
I would at least drop the pan and change fluid and filter if not all of it using the procedure in the topic finder feature at the top of this page. No power flush and be sure to use mercon v atf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.