Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving tonight and noticed my check engine light was on. I needed gas anyway, so i filled it up and made sure the gas cap was on securely. I had been driving all night and didn't have any problems at all with it... so I was kind of surprised it was on.

I went home and let it sit for a while. I had to take a friend home around midnight and it was still lit up. When I got home, I parked and realized I was extremely close to the wall, so I started it up to move it. However, I was startled by a deer and stopped turning the key when I heard something. I had the headlights on still and noticed the stereo's lights weren't on and the windows wouldn't work until I moved the key a little more to start it. After starting, everything went back to normal... including the check engine light! I drove it a little bit and no light at all.

Its a very very chillly night here (its almost 60 versus the almost 90 we had here 2 days ago). But the engine ran fine and still does with the light off. I'm still thinking of taking it to auto zone to see what the code says. then I'll make an appt for warranty work if its bad.

But do they usually just go on for a couple hours and turn back off? Or did I reset something by holding the key right before the start position in the ignition?

Or is this a stupid question? :)

J

·
0 Posts
Hello,

I would recommend you go to Autozone and have them check your codes. My guess is that it may be the P0401 - EGR Flow error. If so, this is covered by a Ford Technical Service bulletin and has an extended warranty and they should take care of it for you, free of charge. When my car blew the P0401 code, I didn't really notice any symptoms other than a couple of times I had a bit of a rough idle. Anyways, that was just a guess. Once you find out what the code is, post it and then we can go from there... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts