Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a known good AXOD from a wrecked 01 Sable -- bought an 01 Sable with a "bad" AXOD that would always start out in a high gear and struggle to get going. We pulled the subframe and replaced the tranny -- still have the same problems as before. There were several tranny codes in memory and we erased them, start the car and drive it and 4 tranny codes came back. Any thoughts? Probably need to take it to the Ford store and pay the $75 for the scan

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went through a similar situation with my 01 Taurus AX4S (AXODE). Mine wouldn't shift into OD. After replacing the transaxle, the VSS, the shift solenoids, the PCU even, it turned out to be the TRS (neutral safety switch) located on top of the tranny attached to the shift cable.

When I first replaced it, the car ran fine for one shift cycle then acted up again. So, I figured the TRS was not the cuplrit after all. Well, I learned that it needs to be very carefully aligned in order to work correctly. I re-adjusted it -correctly- and the car runs great. Has for a couple weeks now.

I believe that to clear the codes you disconnect the battery and step on the brake pedal for a few seconds to drain whatever juice was stored. That worked for me at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.