Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It become cold now. My 01 sable has a weird problem. It only happans when it is cold.

Everymorning, when I stop at the first red light, it shakes back and forth so badly. it is like the earthquak were going on. Still, there is no engine light. When it is shaking, I notice that rpm is dropping around 5 rpm. Normally I think that it should be around 8 rpm.

But after I drive several miles, it does not shake any more when I stop. I do not feel anything wrong during the driving.

Previously, I experince such kind of shake in my 00 taurus, and the problem was gone after I changed the coils. But that shake was always coming after the rainning.

I appeciate if you can give me your advice about my problems. many thanks

In addition, do you think that it is the problem of IAC? I do not know if the IAC has problem, the car will shake back and forth while the rpm is dropping.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Do you have a 24V Duratec or the Vulcan engine on your 2001?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Noticed the exact same problem in my '00 Taurus today. 24V Duratec also. Identical symptoms too. It seems like the engine is fine when it warms up. Can anybody shed some light on this?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Possible vacuum leak? While you haven't thrown any codes, both of you might want to check this link out and make sure that rubber hose hasn't collapsed or developed a leak. Also check the PCV out as well http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/G..._P0174_Solution

On the 01 24V, I'm not sure if the symptoms you posted are directly correlated with possibly bad spark plugs, wires or a coil pack...but worth checking. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took out the IAC today, and spray much MAF cleaner to it. It seems that car shaked not that bad now as I tested at 11:00pm when the car was completly cold. Anyhow, the car still shakes.

When the car is warm, it idles very well, and I can not notice anything wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts