Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. been reading many threads about the swapable engines,.. I have vulcan 3.0 in my 01 sable,.basically same as taurus,..as you know.). and I think it threw a rod today.. big surprise,. :angryfire: .. I'm trying to get me a used engine,.. and I wonder which ones are swapable and which years.. questions..;;
1.is vulacan and duratecs swapable..??
2.which years are swapable in vulcans and duratecs..??
3.if I want to replace the bottom only,.. (keep the heads and intakes,..etc..)
which years are swapable..??according to my searches, did ford change the design on 2000. and on.??
4. any tricks or things I should know in progressing with this swap..?? I'd only done few..and I know it can be tricky sometimes..and special things in each models of engines.. like torque converter..etc..
well.. I guess this one has to be for a real tech guys,.. cause I searched and just could not find the proper answer.. in the forum.. I hope someone can help me with this..I've been reading this forum for several weeks,.. but it's my first post,.. but big one.. thanks..jc. :ford:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Stick with the Vulcan. If you want to go to a Duratec, you'll need to swap out a lot more than just the block and heads (most likely the trans, wiring harness, and computer as well). I'm pretty sure all the Vulcan blocks and internals are the same. Rudedog can tell you more about Vulcan swaps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.. that points me to the right direction....
Vulcan it is,... what years has the same engine type,,?? for the top and bottom,....
and if I just get the bottom,... what years am I looking into to get..???
Since I'm looking into the used engines,.. years do become critical issue... thanks.. jc..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts