Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange oil leak that just cropped up. engine oil is maybe a half quart low but I havent touched it since oil change back in june. PS and brake fluid look to be full. the bottom of the car namely oil and trans pan are dry. the oil seems to have leaked down onto the bottom lip of the bumper cover. I included a picture of the area its in looking down at battery, if you look down in front of the battery toward the front of the car you see the wet spots on the plastic of the bumper.

what is that black hose at way down in there, is that a PS or a brake line?

The leak isn't coolant BUT I also included a bonus picture of a bulged out upper radiator hose. It is Gates brand, also installed this past june. I have ordered a motorcraft hose and thermostat. Any other thoughts on that would be cool too. I don't think the problems are related though.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are you sure it is not coolant? You have the automatic transmission cooler lines and power steering lines routed in that area, could be one of those. It would be a good idea to remove the lower plastic splash shield, and check the oil lines. Some of them are metal and can rust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I had to guess I'd say the China wall under the lower intake is whats leaking. But also, that hose looks pretty new to be bulging out like that. I'd be checking for combustion gas in the cooling system.
hmm it is quite new, installed in june. I didnt think vulcan's were known for head gasket leaking? I have tester and fluid tho I will test it thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts