Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this is driving me nuts... I have an 01 Taurus LX... does this thing have autolock or not? I found the procedure by which you should be able to enable/disable autolock and the horn chirp in the owner's manual. This is the procedure where you turn the key to on, hit the unlock button 3 times, etc;

It doesn't work. Was autolock not a feature on the LX model? I really want it, but I don't know if either I'm not doing something right, or the car just doesn't have it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You had to have remote keyless entry (the clicker) to have autolock. You'll need to get a 2001 CJB/GEM box combo from the junkyard that was on a car w/the remote clicker. Like a SES or SEL Taurus or a LS Premium Sable. 01 only.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man... urgh. That's disappointing. =/ Is one of those expensive? And does it need to be installed by the Ford Dealership?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Nah. Go find yourself a "Pull A Part" place like LKQ Self Serve, Pull-A-Part or the like and pull the box yourself. It is plug and play for your car, no dealer needed. I was charged $25 for the whole conglomerate of one. there are a total of 5 screws that need to be either loosened or removed , swivel the box out :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really? Awesome! What's the name of it again? And do you have a picture or location where it should be installed? This is great news!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out we don't have any pull-a-parts near me... and i don't feel like driving to indy. guess I'm SOL.. haha.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Is this the box I'm looking for? located under the steering wheel and to the left, near the e-brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That is what you are looking for right there, that whole conglomerate! GEM is snapped onto the back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent! so if i hook up a new one of these, then i can just take any 'ol taurus remote and program it?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Excellent! so if i hook up a new one of these, then i can just take any 'ol taurus remote and program it?
Yup. You'll have to add wiring for trunk release and so that the clicker will unlock driver door on first click.

second click unlocks all 4 doors, so no biggie, but still...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts