Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my pan to change the filter and notice the shop who rebuilt it 45000 miles ago put 2 rubber seals on the filter and glued it up in the hole. This was a pain in the you know what to clean off so I could install the new filter. I noticed there was no metal tab style bracket to hold the filter up there. It this right?

Ever since I notice about every other morning I start the car I get a momentary whine, like a hydraulic unit is low on oil. But it goes right away.

Could the filter be slipping out of the hole a bit, then the suction pulls it back up and the unit seals causing the noise to stop?

It didnt do this before, and yes I have the fluid level right in the middle of the hatched area on the stick. No leaks under the car, no loss of fluid.

Does anyone have a picture of the bottom of this trans to show me a bracket if there is one? I need to know where to put it.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No one knows if there is something other than the seal or the pan holding the filter up inside the trans? Anyone got a picture of what holds it up there is there is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.