Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll keep this short: I bought an '00 OEM radio/cass to replace the OEM radio/CD in my '01 Taurus from EBAY (I need cassette + changer). I thought they would be interchangeable, but they apparently are not - the plugs do not matched.

Does anyone know if I must get ONLY an '01 stereo, or should other model years work also?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Here's the rear of my stock 00 radio/cassette. single plug on the bottom.

Doesn't make sense that its not plug-n-play, yours look the same? If not, show pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by acreature@Apr 6 2004, 10:04 AM

Doesn't make sense that its not plug-n-play, yours look the same? If not, show pics.
Looks just like my '03 I think.

·
Registered
486 Posts
QUOTE (acreature @ Apr 6 2004, 10:04 AM)

Looks just like my '03 I think.[/b]
Same here with my 01.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Apr 7 2004, 11:22 AM
They don't have a mach audio system in the G4's do they? If so, maybe he has one.
Yes the Mach is available in the gen 4.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
okay LISTEN UP! This is how you do it. I ran into the same problem.

Unscrew everything that holds the "plugs" on there. Then, swap the "plugs" over from the one that fits in your car to the one you WANT in your car. They are TOTALLY plug and play...you just need to unscrew them and swap.

My Taurus also came with the in dash CD player and I wanted to switch to tape/cd changer combo. I bought the tape and to my surprise they didn't swap...so do the above procedure and you'll be done. If you have any questions PM me.

-Kyle

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Good, I'm glad it worked for you!

-Kyle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts