99 Taurus Engine replacement - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southern

Trader Score: 0 reviews
99 Taurus Engine replacement

ive been replying to comments on my intro post, and realize that that isnt the appropriate forum, so im moving to here..
Forgive my seeming blatant arrogance about taurus'.. im brainstorming and bouncing my harebrained ideas off of you guys. haha
ive got a big imagination and once i set my mind to something ill do WHATEVER it takes to make that happen.
that being said...
ive been talking to people on my intro post about mounting possibilities and different engine applications.. is there a marketed engine management system for running two engines in tandem?? im googling and wikipedia-ing my heart out, and figured id ask you guys!
i want to make a truly unique sleeper/show car out of my taurus, and dont care how long it takes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRacer View Post
ive been replying to comments on my intro post, and realize that that isnt the appropriate forum, so im moving to here..
Forgive my seeming blatant arrogance about taurus'.. im brainstorming and bouncing my harebrained ideas off of you guys. haha
ive got a big imagination and once i set my mind to something ill do WHATEVER it takes to make that happen.
that being said...
ive been talking to people on my intro post about mounting possibilities and different engine applications.. is there a marketed engine management system for running two engines in tandem?? im googling and wikipedia-ing my heart out, and figured id ask you guys!
i want to make a truly unique sleeper/show car out of my taurus, and dont care how long it takes.

You have a fourteen year old Ford Taurus.

Really, that should say it all, but...I guess if you had $xxx,xxx and nothing better to do, you could figure something out.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Falcon View Post
You have a fourteen year old Ford Taurus.

Really, that should say it all, but...I guess if you had $xxx,xxx and nothing better to do, you could figure something out.
yea, precisely. i bought a cheap car that is in good condition, that i can do lots of modifying and fabricating on.
money..ill have to save up accordingly, so that makes this a project car and not a fixer.
but i really do want to make something completely out of the norm, and wild! something as unique as i am. haha

a couple of years ago i was looking into starting a 'custom fabrication on classic cars' business with a couple of buddies but lets just say they werent too financially responsible.... and so now im trying my hand on my personal car! im looking forward to a fun and interesting learning experience with it.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 05:41 PM

Chapter: West Coast

With the right amount of money, knowledge and the right people you can do anything. It mostly comes down to the money though. It's all what you really want to do to it.

"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.”
― Henry Ford
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

well, of course, there is what i fantasize about and then there is reality... like, i would LOVE to put a W12 Phaeton rear mounted buutttt realistically.. thats just not guna happen..
the Honda J35 mounted transverse with the auto tranny that goes with it is starting to sound preettyyy good.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

You might want to consider thinking of the Taurus more as a daily driver than as a blank canvas. There are other platforms that afford greater flexibility. Most of them are RWD. A Vic or Grand Marquis would be an excellent sleeper candidate

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post
You might want to consider thinking of the Taurus more as a daily driver than as a blank canvas. There are other platforms that afford greater flexibility. Most of them are RWD. A Vic or Grand Marquis would be an excellent sleeper candidate
alright. i appreciate that advice.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 AM

Chapter: Midwest

Community College Students Build 550 Horsepower Mid-Engine Ford Five Hundred

Something along this would be friggin awesome....

04 Taurus SES 3.0 Vulcan (gone)
03 Sable LS 3.0 Duratec (traded)
98 Contour Sport 2.5 Duratec (3 blown trannies racing)
97 Lincoln Continental 4.6 Intech (sold)
70 Yamaha Twin 250
02 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom Twin 800
00 F-250 SuperDuty 4x4 6.8 v-10 Triton( K.I.A. )
12 Taurus SEL 3.5 Duratec FWD
06 Magnum R/T 5.7 Hemi AWD
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

heres another question for you guys.
my transmission is starting to slip and act up, and the car is also taking a liiittle long to crank. anyone know of a good ford tranny shop in the north dallas area??
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator View Post

maaannnn that sucks that it got wrecked :/ all that hard work. gone..
and yes, it would! haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page