Ot - Llws: Southwest 10, New England 1 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Southwest 10, New England 1

Steve Cardone smacked a three-run double and Jacob Ramos hit a three-run homer to help San Antonio, Texas, beat Peabody, Mass.

With two outs in the third, two runners reached base on a single and error for Texas (1-0). Ramos then beat out an infield hit to load the bases for Cardone, whose long fly fell just short of the outstretched glove of Sean McGrath at the warning track to make it 3-0.

Ramos' deep shot down the right-field line extended the lead to 10-1 in a six-run fourth, and Travis Daves tossed a complete-game three-hitter for the win.

Pinch runner Nick Bona scored the only run for Massachusetts (0-1) after scoring on a fielder's choice by A.J. DiFillipo in the fourth.

And the Boys and I were there, rooting for San Antonio, all way baby!

I would rather live free like a wolf and be hunted everyday, then like a sheep and know that I was going to die, at the hands of the butcher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Texas 6, California 3

Travis Daves and Wyatt Willis each hit two-run homers to lead San Antonio, Texas past Chula Vista, Calif.

Texas stayed undefeated and will play Staten Island, N.Y., in one U.S. semifinal Wednesday night, while California gets Warner Robins, Ga., in the other semifinal Thursday night.

Daves' homer followed a two-run triple by Drew Brooks to put Texas up 4-2.

California got a run back in the fourth before Willis' shot to straightaway center gave Texas a three-run cushion. The 13-year-old outfielder stomped on third base in delight before getting high-fives from teammates at the plate.

Willis said with an ear-to-ear smile afterward that he wasn't looking for the long ball.

"I just went up there with confidence. I felt that I wanted to get another base hit, make some contact," Willis said.

Kiko Garcia's two-run homer in the first had given California a 2-0 lead.

But it was the only homer allowed by Texas pitching, quite a feat given California had smacked 10 blasts in its previous two games.

California manager Oscar Castro said his team plans to hit the batting cage on its off day Wednesday after he noticed his players taking more unsuccesful upper-cut hacks.

"Maybe they're going for the long ball," he said. "We're just trying to get those swings straightened out a little bit."

Reliever Kyle Pollard got two strikeouts over the last two innings for the save.

I would rather live free like a wolf and be hunted everyday, then like a sheep and know that I was going to die, at the hands of the butcher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page