Talk, It's Cheap, If You Require - Page 5 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Talking

QUOTE (SHODWN @ Jul 6 2009, 08:32 PM)
Quote:
QUOTE (shospeed @ Jul 6 2009, 08:55 PM)
Quote:
Well as a "CLUB" I think it should be up to the "CLUB" to deside what they indorse !
If it is a "CLUB".
I don't think it should be up to one person.

But then again that's just my opinion.[/b]

Knowing Jason as well as I do, im sure that he could give 2 shts less, but if it says TCCA on the header then he is ultimately responsible for say (make beleive) Rudy is hauling ass down the road, hair (1) blowing in the wind and bang the Moog ball joint that the drunk guy at the plant built 2 weeks ago comes apart and slams into the short bus. 9 dead, 3 lose thier arms, 6 toes, and I eyeball goes missing. Who is the one that has to get a Lawyer? Not anyone but the TCCA/ Jason. [/b][/quote]

This could happen driving down the street in Houston. btw it's a cruise from Austin to Fredricksburg for lunch. As a friend of mine said "you DON'T have to go 80 to enjoy these roads, they are just as much fun at the speed limit".

Don
no.1fordbastard

WHITE 92 SHO MTX, Murphy calls it cracker92.
92MTX rare blue, she's a little f_cked at the moment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

194.5hp w/187 ft-lbs tq.[COLOR=blue]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 01:44 AM

Talking

QUOTE (carfixer68 @ Jul 8 2009, 05:09 AM)
Quote:
I can't possibly explain how pissed off and disappointed all of this makes me. Not that it matters to most, I wouldn't expect it to.

Let me take a moment and introduce myself, for those that don't know me. I'm Bob Gervais, I was President of this fine club for a couple of years, and involved in Staff in one way or another for about 4 years. In my time as President, I learned why nobody else wanted the job. You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you try. People complain and you look like an *******, which is fine by me. I've looked like an ******* for much worse reasons.

Also in my time as President, I organized a few national meets. Guess what, a lot of people complained because of location, it was too far away, etc. My thoughts at the time? I felt badly about the location, but from a financial standpoint, the locations I picked were the only ones that worked for attendance. Whomever is putting meets together needs to realize that this club consists of members from every part of the economic structure, from family guys who need to budget, to kids who blow their budget on a 99 cent Happy Meal. It ain't easy organizing a meet, and financial matters are just the tip of the iceberg on that issue.

The first Gingerman ROTB we did, I got sponsors for. Not as many as I would have liked, but Northeast SHO and SHOFast (Kirk and Brad) stepped up to the plate with $500 each to lessen the cost of the meet. Even with those generous contributions, I put $3500 out of pocket for renting the track, t-shirts, and food. $3500 that I was unsure if I was going to make back or not. Thankfully I did, and the meet was a huge success. Mostly due to location, low cost, and location. Did I mention location? I know Jason has had to do the same things with the track events he has put on, and I also know that he had the same worries of not losing the money he put in. Let's face it, we drive Tauruseses. We ain't exactly a rich crowd.

The very first club sanctioned ROTB was in Norwalk, OH. I rented Norwalk's drag strip for some fun, and we went to Cedar Point Park for even more fun. It became apparent from that first meet, that I needed to have some type of release of liability. When it comes down to it ONE PERSON is responsible for ownership of the - NOW PAY ATTENTION KIDDIES - WEBSITE, if something happened at an event and the retarded lawyers started listing people to sue, the club will be on that list, and so will the website/forums. Guess who was listed as owner of the domain? Yep, me. Just the same as Jason, or anyone else that ends up with the Presidency, is listed as the domain owner. Thankfully there were never any "incidents" beyond maybe two people getting tickets, but there's always going to be a moron at any event that takes things too far and increases the liability of the club. There are liability forms, as Kirk pointed out, but as I was advised at the time, releasing liability can be as simple as a statement on a forum that says exactly what Jason said. "The TCCA is not sanctioning this event, and does not condone street racing, or reckless driving on public roads". Not verbatim, but something to that effect.[/b]
To have a road course track event you don't have to rent the track, most tracks have driving education events that are just as much fun (well more fun because you get an instructor in the car with you in some open sessions) and the club isn't responsible because this way everyone signs a waver like at the drag strip. I know this because I've organized track events for fordbastards.

Quote:
Now, that statement by Jason was fully justified, I agreed with it 100%. In fact, when Zorin posted in reply to my questions about a track event, that I would have the chance to take part in a "spirited drive" (exact words BTW), and attempt to keep up with trained stunt driver in a Starion, I became interested. I also, as former President, still got that ******* puckering feeling, "what if someone gets hurt?". Of course my first concern is safety, my second as President would be "how will this affect the club, and will I get sued if someone gets hurt because they were driving like a jackass and lost control?". Again, Jason was fully justified in saying what he said, and I would have made the same exact statement. People took it as Jason being an ******* control freak. I've known Jason personally for over 7 years, and not once have I seen him as a control freak. He is doing what he has to do, as President of the club. Sometimes, it's a sucky job and people hate you. Such is life. In the end he is the one with the responsibility, and while this is not a dictatorship, his rules need to be followed. Don't like what he has to say? Well, everyone has that right. You also have the right to start your own forums, join a different club, and take yourself to a different sandbox.[/b]
Well we hope to see ya come down and you enjoy our cruise to Fredricksburg there's some great German restaurants in this town. You really need to make this meet to meet fordbastards resident race car driver.

Quote:
Now, I also know a lot of you Southern Chapter guys. Luke and Rudy I've met personally, and know most of the old timers (Hi Mark) from here. I know you're a good group of guys, and you're looking to put on an event that people will have fun at. What I would suggest, is asking people what they'd like to do, what dates work well, etc. That's the approach that I took with ROTBs and while it's sometimes frustrating, it gets more attendance at your event. Be open minded to what people want to do. You had a great start with the pontoon boat and the scenic drive, let's expand on it! If you need help with it, let me know and I will be glad to help. This is not, and should never be portrayed as a meet to end a pissing contest with Jason. It should be something that is going to get a bunch of us together, in a place that a lot of us have never been. TX is on my list of places to go, help me cross it off!

As far as connection issues, I have no technical input (big surprise, no?? ), but perhaps it's simply a sign that you should stop living your life on a computer?[/b]

This meet is starting to shape up nicely, a cruise, possibly a road course event, a party barge. Going to be a blast.

Don
no.1fordbastard

WHITE 92 SHO MTX, Murphy calls it cracker92.
92MTX rare blue, she's a little f_cked at the moment.

194.5hp w/187 ft-lbs tq.[COLOR=blue]
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 04:10 PM

We will blast !!!

fordbastard

SHO owner sence 14
91 SHO with Mods
97 Lincoln Mark VIII
[/img]

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to rudedog Send a message via MSN to rudedog Send a message via Yahoo to rudedog
bump bump bump, moving on. 8322024858.

Rudy Heinemann Jr.

May 2008 Car of The Month/Car of the Year 2008

February Car of the Month T.S.O.C.
March Car of The Month T.C.C.A.

post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:28 AM

QUOTE (rudedog @ Aug 3 2009, 11:27 AM)
Quote:
bump bump bump, moving on. 8322024858.[/b]

Glad to see things have cooled down, while I was taking care of my Dad. Wait a dang min here.. Maybe I was the issue ;-)..

p.s. Guess who I am rooting for in the LLWS? Yep, San Antonio all the way baby..! (damn, it is nice to live 15 mins away from the games) btw.. My Brother's life was given back to us, @ Ft Sam/Ft. Hood, as he had a double transplant there :-)

I would rather live free like a wolf and be hunted everyday, then like a sheep and know that I was going to die, at the hands of the butcher.
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 04:20 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest

Send a message via AIM to silvapain
Damn, what'd I miss?

- Daniel

Current:
2002 Pontiac GTP 40th Anniversary Edition

Past:
1997 V8 SHO Silver Frost -

1997 V8 SHO Ebony Satin -

1997 Vulcan GL -

1990 Vulcan Sable -
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to rudedog Send a message via MSN to rudedog Send a message via Yahoo to rudedog
Daniel or anyone else for that matter. I'm available via telephone (832-202-4858), e-mail ([email protected]), or Aim/Yahoo (rudebooty) to answer any and all questions.

Rudy Heinemann Jr.

May 2008 Car of The Month/Car of the Year 2008

February Car of the Month T.S.O.C.
March Car of The Month T.C.C.A.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page