2010 Sho Preview - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ctwrench
All I can say is, “WOW!” I really was impressed with the new SHO. I’m a die-hard 3 pedal, real stick coming through the floor guy, but this is really a sweet car. I can’t wait to drive it. My 12 y/o daughter loved it, too. All three of my girls believe that you should not pay more money for fewer pedals in the floor, but other than that she really liked it. I made sure to mention that the car needs a stick and was told that there really aren’t any current plans for that, but if it were to happen then it would be a clutchless paddle shift system. I also mentioned that I didn’t care much for the plastic cover over the motor, no matter how much sound insulation it provides. I like to see all the snakes running across the top. Everyone there was really nice and the Ford reps were great. They really knew a lot about the car.

Now, where was everybody!? I figured I would get to put some faces with screen names last night. If you were there, you should have spoken up. I was somewhat of a celebrity since I had the only “original” SHO there. I parked right outside the side door where they were signing people up to win a new SHO, test drive cars and talk. I was there for a little while, checked out the car, ate a sandwich and then went on a test drive of a new Mustang GT convertible with an automatic. When I got back, we were told the car sold while we were gone in it. I also found out that they had been looking for me. I needed to go meet the Ford Lady because they wanted to find out about my car. Before I knew it, I was talking on the PA system, and then was mic’d up and doing an interview by my car. I think they took about as many pics of my car as people were taking inside of the new one. Glad I hit the car wash when I filled up yesterday. So, I guess in a way, thanks to all who didn’t SHO up. As my daughter said last night, I am Mr. SHOman. I walked out with a SHO water bottle, t-shirt, Mustang pen, McRee Ford hat, and 2 key chains. My daughter got a McRee Ford hat as well. The Ford reps were wearing black Polo shirts with SHO and the logo on them. I asked one who I had to knock in the head to get one and he said if he had one or could get one he would give it to me for showing up in my car. Unfortunately, I didn’t get one, but they were really nice. Anyway, I’ve also got a brochure that I have scanned in. I'll post it later. I didn’t take any pics last night. The pics that are already up on the net are better than anything my poor camera skills could capture. The car they had there was Red Candy Metallic with Charcoal Black interior. Of course it was the fully loaded out model.

'92 Black SHO
TCCA # 017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

QUOTE (ctwrench @ May 29 2009, 11:03 AM)
Quote:
All I can say is, “WOW!” I really was impressed with the new SHO. I’m a die-hard 3 pedal, real stick coming through the floor guy, but this is really a sweet car. I can’t wait to drive it. My 12 y/o daughter loved it, too. All three of my girls believe that you should not pay more money for fewer pedals in the floor, but other than that she really liked it. I made sure to mention that the car needs a stick and was told that there really aren’t any current plans for that, but if it were to happen then it would be a clutchless paddle shift system. I also mentioned that I didn’t care much for the plastic cover over the motor, no matter how much sound insulation it provides. I like to see all the snakes running across the top. Everyone there was really nice and the Ford reps were great. They really knew a lot about the car.

Now, where was everybody!? I figured I would get to put some faces with screen names last night. If you were there, you should have spoken up. I was somewhat of a celebrity since I had the only “original” SHO there. I parked right outside the side door where they were signing people up to win a new SHO, test drive cars and talk. I was there for a little while, checked out the car, ate a sandwich and then went on a test drive of a new Mustang GT convertible with an automatic. When I got back, we were told the car sold while we were gone in it. I also found out that they had been looking for me. I needed to go meet the Ford Lady because they wanted to find out about my car. Before I knew it, I was talking on the PA system, and then was mic’d up and doing an interview by my car. I think they took about as many pics of my car as people were taking inside of the new one. Glad I hit the car wash when I filled up yesterday. So, I guess in a way, thanks to all who didn’t SHO up. As my daughter said last night, I am Mr. SHOman. I walked out with a SHO water bottle, t-shirt, Mustang pen, McRee Ford hat, and 2 key chains. My daughter got a McRee Ford hat as well. The Ford reps were wearing black Polo shirts with SHO and the logo on them. I asked one who I had to knock in the head to get one and he said if he had one or could get one he would give it to me for showing up in my car. Unfortunately, I didn’t get one, but they were really nice. Anyway, I’ve also got a brochure that I have scanned in. I'll post it later. I didn’t take any pics last night. The pics that are already up on the net are better than anything my poor camera skills could capture. The car they had there was Red Candy Metallic with Charcoal Black interior. Of course it was the fully loaded out model.[/b]
I was there, they blind sided me while in the driver's seat with the mic, good thing I can sometimes think on my feet. Mine aren't that good either. I have to post the pics later, can't get on photobucket from work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:38 PM

I saw a sho on the road the other day.

<strike>1997 Ford Taurus Bodacious Edition</strike>
TCCA South

2008 M6 I4

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 02:06 PM

I saw one sitting in my back yard on the trailer!

QUOTE (Blackmagic3920 @ May 29 2009, 01:38 PM)
Quote:
I saw a sho on the road the other day.[/b]

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Call_Me_Crazy @ May 29 2009, 02:06 PM)
Quote:
I saw one sitting in my back yard on the trailer!

QUOTE (Blackmagic3920 @ May 29 2009, 01:38 PM)
Quote:
I saw a sho on the road the other day.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Man, already the new Taurus are breaking down.

<strike>1997 Ford Taurus Bodacious Edition</strike>
TCCA South

2008 M6 I4
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to ctwrench
At least working on the new one doesn't require a complete shower in gojo. New car = clean car. Old car = oil leaks, grease, grime, dirt, dust, rust, crud, gunk, crap, and other things that fall in your eyes when you're trying to take a nap, I mean, work on the car.

'92 Black SHO
TCCA # 017
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

Not the best, but at least hands on.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to risoworker Send a message via MSN to risoworker
the gauges are ugly as sin. my 08 has a better looking setup.
why didn't they use the MKS setup?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2003
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 56 reviews
Like the car in general.
Not too keen on the SHO rims though...............

4 Taur Family:
98 Comfort DOHC
00 SE
03 SEL Premium DOHC
04 SES Sport DOHC

2003 SEL Premium
Every available factory option
September 2009 Car of the Month

Dealing in Mach Audio Systems for over 10 years with perfect feedback. I'm happy to answer any/all questions.
I have many very satisfied club members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page