How To: Roof Spoiler - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By AdamT
  • 1 Post By bpd1151

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
How To: Roof Spoiler

Since it says I have restricted access to do a new thread over there, I will post it here.
Roof Spoiler 1,244mm long
Here is a quick how to on the roof spoiler.
Unlike me, you will want to wait for a sunny day to do the work. You will need the following if in a cool area.
-Heat Gun ~Maybe a hair dryer will do
-Rubbing Alcohol prep
-Lint free towel
-5 minutes of your time.

1. Get the back glass clean
2. You can use the supplied 'wet nap' pad or I suggest using a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a lint free towel to wipe the top 5-6" of glass all the way across
3. IF WARM AND SUNNY SKIP TO 4. Now you will want to warm up the glass some with a heat gun, or at least a hair dryer to warm the surface of the glass.
4. Peel off about 1/2 of the 3M tape and lay it close to the edge of the glass. Bend the spoiler as it has a flex to it, to allow it to follow the curve of your glass.
5. Peel the rest off and lay it down. Press firm across the new panel to assure a secure fit.
6. COLD WEATHER ONLY Take the heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the panel and tape below to make sure it becomes sticky for a secure fit.
7.DONE. Now admire your new work

After putting mine on I went for a spirited 141 MPH run in the car and it stayed on firm and secure. Check out how beautiful the black matches up. Add style to the SHO.

http://[URL=http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/AdamGTX/media/049_zpsyfirk6w0.jpg.html][/URL]

Using UH paint to get it close!

Peel and stick.

UKfordguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 11:46 AM

I have only one question: Why would anyone want to add something to their car that made it harder to wash/clean/wax etc. and was ugly to boot?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Midwest Chapter Mod

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
Some owner's don't mind putting in a little extra effort at washing/waxing, etc.

I think it looks sharp. Nice little addition.
UKfordguy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

World's Highest AWHP SHO (Aug. 2014- June 2016), & World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO to date! Details Here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:03 AM

Chapter: Please Select a Region:
Year: 2013

Garage
I like it and think it makes the car look sharp. Each to their own, I like it. Thanks for the post.

I am actually thinking about getting one too.

2013 Taurus SHO with Performance Package: Air Raid Cold Air Intake: Magnaflow twin pipes with performance mufflers: De-baged. SCT X4 93 Canned Tune,( 3bar map sensor, 170 thermostat, gapped plugs to be installed), smoke tint headlights
Other rides:
- 1993 Kawasaki ZX7
- 1988 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 5sp RWD - restored
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:08 AM

Chapter: Please Select a Region:
Year: 2013

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jndejure View Post
I have only one question: Why would anyone want to add something to their car that made it harder to wash/clean/wax etc. and was ugly to boot?

You may find it ugly, but the OP and others like myself don't. We all have different tastes.

2013 Taurus SHO with Performance Package: Air Raid Cold Air Intake: Magnaflow twin pipes with performance mufflers: De-baged. SCT X4 93 Canned Tune,( 3bar map sensor, 170 thermostat, gapped plugs to be installed), smoke tint headlights
Other rides:
- 1993 Kawasaki ZX7
- 1988 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 5sp RWD - restored
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 09:22 PM

Garage
Looks good to me. They should make one for the wagon.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page