How To: Change G4 Shifter Lights - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:49 AM

Chapter: Midwest

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slushi Send a message via MSN to slushi
GEN III isn't so easy, I popped the cupholder section off, but the front section does not come out because the lighter box is attached to something under the console and to the black piece that goes around the shifter, it will move but won't come out far enough to get the shifter piece out :<

95 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to godspunk32
Yeah...I have no lighter or ash tray, for that matter. Mine was removed when I installed my XM.

JR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to StOpNG0x Send a message via MSN to StOpNG0x
JR,

Thanks for the help on the bulbs I went to Autozone and got some without any issues i'll have some picutres soon of that and my bull.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Opi

sweet im going to experiment in the next few days ill post pics if i do so

1998 LX Vulcan 130k - on ebay, going for around $1000 in 22 hours from 2/12/07 ends 2/13/07 anyone want it?

Coming Soon? - 2000 Se Vulcan - Midnight00se&#39;s old car
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Devoted Member

just to make this easier, is there an easy way to remove my gen 4 shift knob? i tried twisting to the max that i felt it would take without breaking it but it didnt want to turn.....i dont want to bust anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

well whats easier than NOT removing the shift knob? thats just some extra junk ya gotta put back. i guess you could take off the hood to check the oil, but its not necessary. y'know? the shift knob doesnt just twist off either. you have to push down the sleeve on the shaft and remove the two screws under there. after that, you are on your own. i tried it in a junker sable at a junkyard just to see. when i pulled the knob up, springs and all types of stuff went flying. because of that, i say why bother when you can do this job easily without removing the shift knob? just my opinion. then end result will be the same either way. new lights.

JR-sent you another pm (incase you didnt go there yet) thanks again.
i found my leds in the ricer section at pepboys. got screwed though. they are $6.99 for a pair of single leds. i just wanted to get em to see how it looked before i put a lot of time and effort into it. ill be hitting superbrightleds in a few days.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 19 2006, 05:20 AM
I have mine in...its better at diffusing the light. Yours is ridiculously bright s2k, and has very bad hotspots. It should "glow" rather than "shine".

JR
you think thats bright...

BRIGHTNESS!

this pic is without the plastic cover over the bulbs and these are wide angle 194 leds. btw this pic is take at about 3:00PM without a hint of darkness, so when i ggets dark ill take another pic, it will probably be blinding as hell so right now im getting the green off the plastic cover so i can put it on.

[img]http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1035/5271028/10981325/170066719.jpg' alt='' width='533' height='400' class='attach' />

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by slushi@Jul 19 2006, 12:49 PM
GEN III isn't so easy, I popped the cupholder section off, but the front section does not come out because the lighter box is attached to something under the console and to the black piece that goes around the shifter, it will move but won't come out far enough to get the shifter piece out :<
Gen III SHO is super easy. Once you remove the cup holder, fold the ashtray down. Lift up on the two "arms" that are coming out of the forward trim piece (where the cupholder clipped into). It pops out easily enough. The top you have to work a little, but ti comes out easily enough. Just make sure to have the car in like first with the ebarke on so you have room.

I have my Sirius Sattelitle radio receiver mount wehre my ashtray was. Folds up into the dash just as the ashtray did to
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Kisstina
so two wide angle 194 bulbs are needed?
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM
cmh

Hello,

Thank you for putting this up...I recently had my shifter lights burn up and replaced with oem bulbs. Seeing this diy thread allowed me to do this bulb replacement in just a few minutes (while my kids age 3 and 4 months) waited patiently before Daddy was on the road again

Blessings,

Carey Howard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page