Stopped in to check out this '97 SHO on a local lot today. - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 1990
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by major View Post
The lot owner doesn't advertise his cars, this is one of those local see it, want it, buy it lots so some cars are on the property for a long time.
Judging by that 1961 Studebaker Lark, I believe it!

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

2016 Q1 Car of the Quarter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Something tells me the guy paid about $350 for it. Most dealers will look for rust and all that, I doubt he bought a rustbucket for full price.

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:27 PM

Lgbpop,

Probably more than $350. Scrap is more than that.

Yes, that looks like a '61 Stude two-door sedan. My father had one back then. I drove it a bit and liked it. It was a 6-cyl, 3-speed on the column. Nice car.

If that SHO (what the thread is about) would go for a couple years, It may be worth $800-900. But if the rust is really bad and has affected it structurally, then it's a parts car.

"Home of the Brown Beater and the Grey Ghost"

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I'll Be Watching You!

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2007
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Trader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbpop View Post
Something tells me the guy paid about $350 for it. Most dealers will look for rust and all that, I doubt he bought a rustbucket for full price.
They usually know what they have when the buy these things. I looked at an 05 Grand Caravan at a 'no advertising' dealer around the corner from me. The underside of the rockers and the front hood lip were rusted to crap. He wanted $4500 for the van so I brought up the rust(cause I did actually like the van and it ran/drove really nice) and he told me "I just got it in and didn't inspect it yet"........ ok........ I then proceeded to tell him that I live around the corner and have seen the van sitting on the lot for over 4 months then walked away cause he was obviously trying to sell off a rust bucket to someone who doesn't know anything.... which is not me!

That being said, I wonder how bad the SHO really is. $950 is a good price. I don't know it looks pretty damn clean to me. Plus it would be the icing on the cake in your stable of Bulls. Hell.... I'd love that SHO!

John
2007 Pontiac Torrent, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Last edited by sousa632; 07-21-2013 at 08:36 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkentine View Post
Lgbpop,

Probably more than $350. Scrap is more than that.

Yes, that looks like a '61 Stude two-door sedan. My father had one back then. I drove it a bit and liked it. It was a 6-cyl, 3-speed on the column. Nice car.

If that SHO (what the thread is about) would go for a couple years, It may be worth $800-900. But if the rust is really bad and has affected it structurally, then it's a parts car.
Four-door. You can see the B-pillar between the doors, and the rear-door lock buttons on the front edge of the rear doors through the windows. My best friend's dad had one of these. Ugly as heck, not about to win Daytona or Indy but ran forever with little time in the garage.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder

Garage
Still sitting on the lot... oddly next to a '97 Taurus GL the same color. He may actually do a body swap (or a 2 for one sale, LOL).

Edit: The SHO is gone.

Last edited by major; 09-08-2013 at 08:29 AM.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder

Garage
This is called 'flipping a car' now it's for sale by it's new owner.
97 TAURUS SHO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page