Does this kind of place exist? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Chapter: West Coast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Question Does this kind of place exist?

Hi everyone, Is there any place that will rent tools and space for you to work on your own cars in Socal near SGV? I'm looking for a place like that to make working on my car "Not my new Taurus" easier. I sometimes need specialty tools or run into a problem which always makes the work longer than I expected. It would be even better if they have a lift and other equipment. Something like a self-serve garage or DIY garage. Any info would be very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 04:07 PM

Year: 1995
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Hey Phillip - about a year ago I looked hard into the possibility of finding one of these places near me in the SFV. I'd happily have gone out as far as Covina/Monrovia. I had no luck. However, don't give up! I'll have another scout around, and please post on here if you have any luck.

Bruce
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to loudsho92 Send a message via Yahoo to loudsho92
Cool

I don't know of one in Cali but I have wanted to open one because of so many apartments with no place to work on a car. It would be nice.

92 White SHO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Performance: Turbo 297hp 279ftlb
-Drivetrain: CM Clutch,SHONut Mounts,QUAIFE
-Suspension: SS Coilovers, 24/26mm,Poly,Gen3,H-Brace, Subframe
-Brakes: Cobra front, 11.6 rear
-Looks: Sound System,Speedhut,Pilot Fogs,Clear Corners,Gen2 Console, CF Cowl Hood & Trunk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 12:47 AM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipL View Post
Hi everyone, Is there any place that will rent tools and space for you to work on your own cars in Socal near SGV? I'm looking for a place like that to make working on my car "Not my new Taurus" easier. I sometimes need specialty tools or run into a problem which always makes the work longer than I expected. It would be even better if they have a lift and other equipment. Something like a self-serve garage or DIY garage. Any info would be very helpful.
You can rent tools from Autozone and Pep Boys. Where in the SGV are you? I live in the 626.

1993 V6 3.2L SHO

Clubs: SHOCAL & SHOForum

Past VP - TCCA West Coast Chapter
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 02:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Radioflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudsho92 View Post
I don't know of one in Cali but I have wanted to open one because of so many apartments with no place to work on a car. It would be nice.
Awesome idea. At the moment I'm sitting here in Las Vegas in an apt complex visiting with relatives who live here. When they are in need of an auto repair, if they are lucky they'll have just enough cash on hand to cover the cost of parts let alone have hundreds to spend on labor. I'd be nice to have a bay equipped with a lift ready to rent when you need it. Of course not everyone would be qualified to safely operate a lift but maybe with a little training? Not real sure if insurance companies would be into this though. I guess liability waivers would be the way to go.

Last edited by Radioflyer; 05-31-2013 at 02:48 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 PM

There is a hobby shop here at base hehe....but Im pretty sure you ahve to live n base to use it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to loudsho92 Send a message via Yahoo to loudsho92
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioflyer View Post
Awesome idea. At the moment I'm sitting here in Las Vegas in an apt complex visiting with relatives who live here. When they are in need of an auto repair, if they are lucky they'll have just enough cash on hand to cover the cost of parts let alone have hundreds to spend on labor. I'd be nice to have a bay equipped with a lift ready to rent when you need it. Of course not everyone would be qualified to safely operate a lift but maybe with a little training? Not real sure if insurance companies would be into this though. I guess liability waivers would be the way to go.
I did find a place in Florida that was successful doing it.

92 White SHO

-Performance: Turbo 297hp 279ftlb
-Drivetrain: CM Clutch,SHONut Mounts,QUAIFE
-Suspension: SS Coilovers, 24/26mm,Poly,Gen3,H-Brace, Subframe
-Brakes: Cobra front, 11.6 rear
-Looks: Sound System,Speedhut,Pilot Fogs,Clear Corners,Gen2 Console, CF Cowl Hood & Trunk

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipL View Post
Hey, check your inbox. I messaged you.

1993 V6 3.2L SHO

Clubs: SHOCAL & SHOForum

Past VP - TCCA West Coast Chapter
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Ok, after digging a little I actually found a place called " Your Dream Garage " I went to check them out yesterday to do my brakes. I tell you what, this place is legit. I rented a bay with a lift for an hour with no problems what so ever. This place has every tool you can imagine. From tire mounting machines to hand and air tools to high end scan tools... The place is clean, well lit and easy to get to. If you are in or around the Los Angeles area and need a place to work on your car, you cant beat this place... I told the guys there I would spread the word for them so here is a shameless plug on their behalf.. Check them out @ urdreamgarage.com
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudsho92 View Post
I did find a place in Florida that was successful doing it.
really? What is their name?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page