Sho Head Gaskets - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
i'm not in need of a set yet but I have been keeping my eye out for a set becuase I would like to have sdome head work done this spring or end of winter, but obviously I can't get head work done without having proper replacement gaskets for the heads. does anyone make custome gaskets? how would I go about getting a new set, why were they discontinued? lack of need?

project turbo SHO codename SATX2 look for it spring 2006
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to Tman Send a message via MSN to Tman
both josh at shonut and mikey at midwestsho have headgaskets for sale. They are stock though and i'm not sure if that's what your looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

91 white SHO+ (broken weekly) [email protected] mph 2.6 60ft
2001 Dodge Dakota R/T([email protected]) - Hedman headers, Flowmaster super 40 muffler, ventshades, 180 degree t-stat, heat range colder plugs, and 4 bald ass tires!!!!i

I've spent more money, time, and blood on this car then i care to even dream of and it's still only worth 500 bucks.Why in hell do i keep doing it? AHH that's right, for the look at the kids face in a mustang who got beat by a 13 year taurus. It makes it all worth it in the end. Now who wants to buy it.....lol

QUOTE (97GreenStreak3.0 @ Dec 5 2004, 07:55 PM)
GenI SHO+ with a police grille. Not much can beat that.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

oh wow I didn't realize that they still offered headgaskets for the 3.2 I must have just missed it when I was going through :punchbob:

I don't see why stock would be a problem, to my knowlege thats what everyone uses

project turbo SHO codename SATX2 look for it spring 2006

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 10:58 PM

Correction... Both Josh and Mikey are completely out of these as well as the upper gasket kits.

I have not had a chance to remove the kit from the website yet.

According to the Ford locating service, there are only 38 sets left in the country.

Those aren't training wheels coming out it's ass...

Don't take SLOW for an answer!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 PM

Why are the 3.2 Head Gaskets so rare?

1992 SHO Silver 114k- R.I.P.
1994 Ford taruus GL 175k-running decently, tranny will need repair
soon though
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrclean@Sep 20 2004, 10:17 PM
Why are the 3.2 Head Gaskets so rare?
90% of the gaskets on the 3.0 are usable on the 3.2. It's my understanding that most don't recognize the 3.0/ 3.2 as two seperate motors and just offer parts for the 3.0s. You can still get everything aftermarket for the 3.0s, just not the 3.2s.

Those aren't training wheels coming out it's ass...

Don't take SLOW for an answer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page