The Definitive Turbo/sc Guide V.1 - Page 5 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
QUOTE (three50one @ Feb 17 2009, 07:31 PM)
Quote:
QUOTE (92MTXSHO97V8SHO @ Feb 13 2009, 06:59 PM)
Quote:
Why not put a turbo in the rear like that company is doing to the new Vettes?

http://www.jlturbo.com/

Maybe that could solve some issues regarding clearance, but maybe that makes as many problems as it solves.

I just remember seeing that kit on Power Block. I would guess that Vettes have even less space available for forced induction mods when compared to a Taurus.

If I can give up space in my trunk for 2, 12" woofers I am sure I would make a similar sacrifice for a turbo.

Regarding emissions. The modification would have to be "CARB" approved to be street legal.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/cert.php

I wouldn't look for Jackson Racing or any of the others to jump in very soon (unfortunately)

One,
92SHO97SHO[/b]
If i remember correctly most corvette rear mounts get ran though the space in the body. There isn't room to do the return piping like that in a Taurus.

It's certainly possible to do a rear mount though. Figuring out piping is that hardest part.
[/b][/quote]

Also, It has been done Here.

https://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...=71330&st=0

The first STS Vulcan.

-2007 Mazda Axela (3s sport) "Ai", 2.3L MZR DOHC I4, 5F31J T-ATX True Red
-SOLD-1999 Jeep TJ Wrangler, AMC 150 OHV I-4, Aisin-Warner AX-5 MTX Flame Red
-TOTALED-1996 Ford Taurus GL "Able", 3.0L OHV V6 Vulcan, AX4N ATX Toreador Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT, 4.0L SOHC Cologne V6, 5R55E ATX Silver Birch Metallic
-2007 Nissan Quest 3.5SE, 3.5L VQ35DE DOHC V6, RE5F22A ATX Silver Mist Metallic
Lights on for safety!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 AM

I have been searching the entire site, far and wide, and I haven't found much of anything for the 80's models. I do have one. An '86 Sable, to be precise. It have the same 3.0 as the taurus, but it's the Vulcan. I figured, I'd come here to see if I could put an sc on it, but everybody started talking about the Duratecs. As a matter of fact, the amount of info on the site for the 80's models is quite limited, although better than any other place I've tried, other than Ford, itself.

That aside, i guess I would question whether or not there are any sc or turbo options for the 80's models. So far, I've been told to just swap the engine, or worse, buy a new car. But that would be the easy way out.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 AM

Chapter: Southeast

I hate to be the new guy to revive a zombie thread, but damn I can't find much of anything on supercharging the 3.0 'tec.

I know it's possible, and even possibly relatively easy. It seems that maybe a couple folks here have attempted it?

I've got to be missing something, 'cause the stock 'tec can handle the extra power and hell, there's a ****ton of them out there.

Any leads to success/failure stories would be greatly appreciated.

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: West Coast

Send a message via AIM to loudsho92 Send a message via Yahoo to loudsho92
Cool

Look into what the Contour guys have done.

92 White SHO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Performance: Turbo 297hp 279ftlb
-Drivetrain: CM Clutch,SHONut Mounts,QUAIFE
-Suspension: SS Coilovers, 24/26mm,Poly,Gen3,H-Brace, Subframe
-Brakes: Cobra front, 11.6 rear
-Looks: Sound System,Speedhut,Pilot Fogs,Clear Corners,Gen2 Console, CF Cowl Hood & Trunk

post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 AM

Chapter: Southern

Quote:
Originally Posted by beonedge View Post
so if there is a bolt on turbo for say another duratec driven car, say a mazda 6, would that work on a duratec driven taurus?
Im also interested in knowing this. I have a 99 Taurus w/ the duratech V6. Im looking for any mods that can help hp and torque. Im looking more towards just getting a different engine, but if there are mods that can be done to get me the same desired results w/o doing an engine swap, i will gladly do That!!
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRacer View Post
Im also interested in knowing this. I have a 99 Taurus w/ the duratech V6. Im looking for any mods that can help hp and torque. Im looking more towards just getting a different engine, but if there are mods that can be done to get me the same desired results w/o doing an engine swap, i will gladly do That!!
Well...unless you plan on spending $,$$$ and possibly $$,$$$ neither of those are possible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

-1969 Thunderbird Tudor Landau 429 w/ 4 Barrel, 60,109 original miles-RIP
-2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 105,000 Miles-Moved on
--1997 Ford Taurus SHO- 132,500 Miles
June 2013 COTM Winner

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page