Grinding front left while costing - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2005
Model: Ford Fivehundred
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Grinding front left while costing

Starts after driving a mile. Goes away when I accelerate, and sometimes when breaking, but worse when I coasting. Putting it in neutral doesn't affect sound. Put new wheel bearing on from auto zone, but does the same thing. Frustrated, took to Belle Tire and paid $40 for them to look at it, and they said it was that bearing I replaced?

Another bad thing, I think it's alittle more inboard at times.... Hope its not trans. 2005 Five hundred with 100k, AWD with CVT trans.

New brakes a month ago, caliper, rotor, pads.

Very frustrated. I've owned fords 30 years, second taurus, and can't figure this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 03:21 PM

Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Well I just had a similar noise.... Mine ended up being rust build up on the caliper bracket that caused the pads to stick. Might be worth at least looking at

Current Projects:
"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice can't get fooled again"

All green everything!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Model: Ford Fivehundred
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Changed wheel bearing again, so it's not that. almost like a repeating rubber squeegee with it. Goes away when I accelerate or turn right.Could it be that cv shaft?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 02:22 PM

Chapter: Southern
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytaurus View Post
Changed wheel bearing again, so it's not that. almost like a repeating rubber squeegee with it. Goes away when I accelerate or turn right.Could it be that cv shaft?
It does sound like a CV issue. I had a moaning noise (more pronounced while cruising - 07 vulcan)- Changed the wheel bearing assemblies and ball joints - no difference - changed one CV - half of the noise was gone, changed the other one - all gone. It was a a PITA to diagnose that. While you're at it, you may want to change the sway bar links too as mine broke the next day after those hefty repairs - lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page