LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 03:57 PM
I'll Be Watching You!

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2007
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Trader Score: 2 reviews
I had the same code on my 03 Sedan. Get a Motorcraft PCV valve, and be sure to replace the elbow while you are in there.

John
2007 Pontiac Torrent, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:41 AM

Chapter: Southeast

Garage
Trader Score: 1 reviews
Same here Sousa and I chased the vac leak like a dummy. I did get a spark plug and wires change out of the experience so...
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:33 AM

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2001
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotasmith23 View Post
No it is a duralast. Also I didn't find any vacuum leaks. So could it be anything besides that
I've tried every model IAC duralast from AZ. Tv284 tv2009 and a third I can't recall. My bull is a 01 tec, AZ database shows the same IAC part number for both tec and Vulcan. In short, I've returned 4 tv284 and 3 tv2009. Each had my car idling high at startup and would accelerate without giving it gas. I dug up my OEM IAC and cleaned it with CRC electrical cleaner, (ran out of intake cleaner) it the old OEM worked like a charm. No spring is in original tec IAC.

I'd would clean the AZ part well with the spray I used and return saying you never installed it. Go to a different AZ store if one tells you they can only exchange or give store credit.

Btw, oriellys cheap IAC didn't work either. It's motorcraft or nothing on this part.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotasmith23 View Post
I am currently having these problems with my 2001 taurus 3.0 liter dohc duratec.Car jerks when shifting from park to reverse and park to drive. Idles high at around 2000 rpms. On a level surface at 40 mph I'll let off the gas and and the stays at 40 until I hit the brakes. When I accelerate from a stop to 5mph and let off the gas the car keeps accelerating to 20 mph and the rpms are at 2000. I just put a new IAC in today and recently fixed my front passenger cv axle. Can anyone help please and thanks in advance
Must use motorcraft. No getting around it
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 08:29 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable

Garage
r
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyyakk View Post
I've tried every model IAC duralast from AZ. Tv284 tv2009 and a third I can't recall. My bull is a 01 tec, AZ database shows the same IAC part number for both tec and Vulcan. In short, I've returned 4 tv284 and 3 tv2009. Each had my car idling high at startup and would accelerate without giving it gas. I dug up my OEM IAC and cleaned it with CRC electrical cleaner, (ran out of intake cleaner) it the old OEM worked like a charm. No spring is in original tec IAC.

I'd would clean the AZ part well with the spray I used and return saying you never installed it. Go to a different AZ store if one tells you they can only exchange or give store credit.

Btw, oriellys cheap IAC didn't work either. It's motorcraft or nothing on this part.
G-4 DOH IAC looks like the pic. The shaft seal needs cleaning, bit of oil and exercise the piston to lube the shaft seal. Wipe excess oil off with a Q-tip. If it is really dirty clean with household ammonia, solenoid up and Q-tip. no need to rises. Dry with a hair dryer. Then oil and wipe the shaft in the seal. I am on my 2, & 3 DOHC and #2 Lin Cont. I would much prefer JY OE and clean it as opposed to any new one. I have one of each from the JY and rotate them out about every 2 years at fall maintenance. I am paranoid and prefer perfect idle.

The Lin looks like the Vulcan but larger, thus two holes and a spring. In the Vulcan/Lin case I lube the bearing at the opposite end from the solenoid also.

-chart-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IAC2Xs.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	188225  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousa632 View Post
I had the same code on my 03 Sedan. Get a Motorcraft PCV valve, and be sure to replace the elbow while you are in there.
I agree.

My EFI experience goes back to 80's Fieros and in 30 or so years, I've never had an IAC go completely bad. Even on GM products, they're pretty simple. Cleaning the pintle and seat with brake cleaner and a q-tip usually gets the gunk off and restores functionality. CRC electrical cleaner and a little liquid gun lube usually fixes the shaft.

2001 SES Wagon. 210k and strong running.

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 02-20-2017 at 09:17 AM.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Year: 2003

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson View Post
I agree.

My EFI experience goes back to 80's Fieros and in 30 or so years, I've never had an IAC go completely bad. Even on GM products, they're pretty simple. Cleaning the pintle and seat with brake cleaner and a q-tip usually gets the gunk off and restores functionality. CRC electrical cleaner and a little liquid gun lube usually fixes the shaft.
And you have a good chance of having the right one.

-chart-
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 08:42 PM

Chapter: Southeast
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Cruise Control

As mentioned by another member, check the cruise control cable. I heard of the cables sticking in some Tauruses, forcing acceleration even while cruise control is disabled. Such would explain the high idle, as the cruise control cable connects to the throttle body as the accelerator cable does, opening the throttle plate and inducting too much air, to which the PCM responds to by increasing fuel (your high idle). Perhaps disconnect the cable from the throttle body and see if your problem persists.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998

Trader Score: 1 reviews
^ May check both cables for fraying/hanging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page