Engine Mount Difference - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Engine Mount Difference

After 15 years, I think my mounts have done their time. I tried the filling-with-urethane on a spare trans mount, and I broke two caulking guns before displacing 50ml (if that). Rockauto sells solid trans mounts for ~$12, so it's not worth the effort.

I can't find solid mounts for the 'tec, though (same as SHO). PartSource lists a solid mount for it, but can't source one (and lists the price as $0.00) and there's no indication of a solid rear mount. The front mount looks suspiciously similar to the vulcan mount, which is available as a solid, but I can't find any literature that says they're the same or not.

Can the vulcan mount be used on an SHO? If not, why not?

Will replacing 15-year-old mounts with fresh hydraulic ones be noticeable? They aren't completely broken, they're just sloppy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 PM
fct
Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

That's an interesting question. I was told to avoid "ANCHOR" mounts. The Motorcraft mounts cost something like $500 for a full set. Looking at the archives, it seems like NAPA's mounts are a fair game. I looked on their web site. It looks like they have solid and hydraulic mounts. Which one is better?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 11:57 PM

Chapter: Northern

My only experience with hydraulic vs. solid engine mounts is on my '93 F-150. The hydraulic ones transmit less engine vibration to the frame but the solids hold up better and were a bit cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page