G3 Sho Exhaust - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Hey all. I want to pick up an SHO exhaust system from the cat-back for easy duals, but after a couple of seconds of research, I'm not sure how to go about it. The G3 SLO exhaust is 2", and the SHO is 2.25" split into 2", which means I could use my same muffler & buy one more for the other side, but is there going to be an issue at the flange?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1997
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
Trader Score: 1 reviews
QUOTE (Palach @ Apr 22 2010, 12:26 PM)
Quote:
Hey all. I want to pick up an SHO exhaust system from the cat-back for easy duals, but after a couple of seconds of research, I'm not sure how to go about it. The G3 SLO exhaust is 2", and the SHO is 2.25" split into 2", which means I could use my same muffler & buy one more for the other side, but is there going to be an issue at the flange?[/b]
When I did this conversion to my 97 SLO, I just bought the Duratec "Y" pipe, 2 new mufflers and SHO tips. The shop cut the SLO exhaust out at the correct location and the tec' "Y" pipe slid right on. The factory holes to install the pass side exhaust hanger are also there. Really straight forward and easy for any muffler shop. They did a nice job on welding on the SHO tips to the new mufflers. If I knew how to weld, I would have probably done it myself.

Good luck

Keeping it simple...
-----------------------------------
09 VW Tiguan SEL 2.0 (Turbo / 4-Motion)
97 Taurus GL 4dr 3.0L (Vulcan)
02 Volvo S-60T 4dr 2.4L (Turbo) ~SOLD~
85 F-350 XLT Lariet 7.5L (460 2x4)
86 F-250 5.8L (351 HO 4X4) ~SOLD~
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

But a G3 'tec dual is 1.75", IIRC, so I'd have to buy two new mufflers instead of one. I'll keep that in mind if I can't get the flange sorted out, though.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

Send a message via AIM to ffvulcanpowah
The flange is larger on the SHO setup, and very well may be in a different location because of the SHO's 3rd cat. Some minor cutting + welding will likely be required, but shouldn't be too bad. Besides the flange difference, the rest of the setup uses the same hangers. You may need to have a passenger rear hanger installed, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"YOU WILL ALL BOW DOWN TO MY AWESOME SHO THAT IS REALLY JUST A TAURUS WITH FIDDLY BITS AND TWO MORE CYLINDERS!!!11ONE" -Dan
"If you got the lack of sense to mod a TAURUS you should be allowed to cut a hole in your hood. Let everyone see the extent of your madness" -Luke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page