Secondary Air P0411 Help Needed - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 07:41 PM

Trader Score: 0 reviews
I am a new member here and have searched for hours on this topic and can not seem to find the info I need. I have a 2000 FFV taurus. It has 38,000 miles on it. It tried some E85 and after about 100 miles got the good old P0411 code. Reset it and got it again. Test that I have run so far.
Air pump works when hooked to 12V
Vacuum is present at start then cuts off
Inspected all fittings and air hoses all real good Low miles.
Started the car and no air coming from the pump, but vacuum is present.
Does this mean that the relay to the pump could be bad? Is there any way to check this. Please any help would be great. Is there any way to check the voltage going to the air pump if the engine is warm or would I have to let it cool all the way down first? How often would the pump kick in while in the drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Trader Score: 4 reviews
P1411 - Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system downstream flow The secondary air injection system does not detect the presence of air in the exhaust when introduced by the secondary air injection system Electric AIR Pump

Hose from AIR pump leak
AIR bypass solenoid leak/blocked
Hose from AIR pump blocked
AIR bypass solenoid stuck open/closed

In order to test the AIR pump, it must be capable of driving the HO2S

Check to see if the output hose is kinked as it runs along the subframe over the tranny mount.

Also make sure the SAI solenoid vacuum line and electrical connector are secure.

Paul Nimz
'10 Red Genesis Coupe
'08 Hyundai Accent
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the info SHOZ123.
I have gone back and retested the items you listed. I still can not get any power at the wires going to the pump. When I hook up power to it it works so I know the pump is fine. I have looked every where on the web to try and find where the relay is located and I can not find it. I found a couple of places on this site and others that give the location, but it does not apply to mine. I am not sure if it is because it is the FFV version.
Any one who know where the pump relay is located please let me knw.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Trader Score: 4 reviews
Pump relay is mounted under the pump on the same bracket. Power is from a fuse under the hood.

Paul Nimz
'10 Red Genesis Coupe
'08 Hyundai Accent
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 07:04 AM

Here's a problem that I bet you never heard of. I got an o2 model taurus ses for my gf. I put a fuel pump in it and now it starts every try but then dies well after 3 or 4 starts it blows a hose off the side of the motor and a great amount of air escapes sounding like an air tank letting loose. Way more pressure than any vacuum hose I ever saw. The kicker is that the motor stays running as long as the air escapes but too rough to drive. Another thing to note is that with the old fuel pump the car would start and run like new when I sprayed gasoline into the intake until the vs burned off anyway. Which is the only reason I bought it. Now I'm stuck with a car that don't run and a hot blond that can't drive all that good driving my blazer please help if you think hi know what the problem could be thank you kindly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page