Worthless Modifications - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to mikehawk Send a message via Yahoo to mikehawk
I think my metal foot pedal looks pretty cool. And it's only worthless if you chalk it up as a performance mod, but if you go to my superford account you'll see I have it labeled as an aesthetic mod and therefore retains it's $10 value.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 09:48 AM

Chapter: Northeast

Send a message via AIM to Mcgilles
Quote:
Originally posted by dIESEL600+Mar 2 2004, 03:30 PM-->QUOTE (dIESEL600 @ Mar 2 2004, 03:30 PM)
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-9824VDOHC
Quote:
@Mar 2 2004, 03:13 PM
I just bought a "short ram intake". I have noticed some pickup increase, but are you saying that all it does is make the car sound* cool?
That's right. Your original intake took in cooler air from the fender well. Cooler air is more dense, so it contains more oxygen per unit volume. More oxygen lets you burn more fuel, in turn making more power. A short ram intake takes in hot air from the engine compartment. Hot air = less dense = less oxygen = less fuel = less power. [/b]
true, but being a short intake, it will increase throttle response. in that effect, specially while accelerating, the car will feel faster, even if the actual improvement is not all that great. my car did run faster with the hot air intake, not much, but remember even though its pulling in less dense air from the engine, its pulling in much more air that the stock system does, if you take the stock setup apart, look how restrictive it is! there is even a bottle neck where the pipe is crimped as it goes through the fender wall. in addition to this, while the car is moving at high way speed, or even less, there is more than enough cool air for the filter, its flowing right in the front of the car. CAI is definitly the way to go, but I stand by the short ram intake as improving performance, just not very much. my fav part about it was the sound. sound definitly improves much more than performance does. but its not competely worthless
post #23 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick Norris+Jan 17 2004, 05:28 PM-->QUOTE (Patrick Norris @ Jan 17 2004, 05:28 PM)
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-sfblacksel
Quote:
@Jan 17 2004, 05:10 PM
Actually Doc, those are hydraulic operated wheelie bars and the put a majority of the cars weight on the front wheels.* So, yes they do help with traction.* In my opinion, if you are going to go that far, why not just do the front wheel drive to rear wheel drive conversion.* I mean it is like making a full on race car out of a street car and it doesn't make since.* There has to be a limit somewhere along the line.

My fire extinguisher is in the trunk so it is out of the way, especially in an accident.* And no it isn't chrome .* I like to draw attention to my performance mods, not my safety mods.* Dude check out my chromed antilock brake sylinoid.
Those kind of wheelie bars are not legal by any sanction body I have looked at. The standard is that all wheelie bars have to be off the ground with no way of having them contact the ground without lifting to front suspension to prevent people from using then to stop weight transfer.

So that makes wheelies on a FWD a useless mod. [/b]
Since when is Street racing Sanctioned ??

post #24 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 07:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to elcapitan87
In the real drag racing world, FWD cars do have traction (wheelie) bars out the back of the car. The are used as a way to unload the rear suspension after the car squats on takeoff. FWD suspension information. They are used and they are VERY legal.

Ryan Dudek
Clarkston, MI
&#39;06 Dodge Charger R/T

"Dawg...that mug is fast as [email protected]#k" - Random Pontiac resident after a burnout and launch on Woodward
post #25 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 03:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to madness_spirit Send a message via Yahoo to madness_spirit
Another worthless mod some people on here fall prey to. Replacing their resonator with a cheap glass pack they find at a parts store. A stock resonator is just a glass pack anyways, the best you can hope to do is change the sound of it, never gonna increase flow

Look at my junker in progress

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by madness_spirit@Jun 1 2004, 03:21 PM
Another worthless mod some people on here fall prey to. Replacing their resonator with a cheap glass pack they find at a parts store. A stock resonator is just a glass pack anyways, the best you can hope to do is change the sound of it, never gonna increase flow
On top of that a lot of the time a cheap glass pack will rust out faster then a stock resonator (don't know why but they tend to).

1998 Sable LS Premium, 3.0L 24V DOHC Duratec, AX4N w/ Floor Shifter - 69 Mods - Aug 2004 COTM
Quoting Bob Gervais "That&#39;s one hell of a long list of mods!"
-

2003 Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary XL 1200C, Sportster 1200 Custom
Thumbs Up To:
post #27 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 05:37 PM

Chapter: Northeast

Send a message via AIM to Mcgilles
Quote:
Originally posted by madness_spirit@Jun 1 2004, 03:21 PM
the only point of doing anything with the resonator is to change sound, it doesn't impede flow at all anyway.
post #28 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to TaurusRacerZ9 Send a message via MSN to TaurusRacerZ9 Send a message via Yahoo to TaurusRacerZ9
or, just chop off your cats and get some pipe and run side pipes that leave right past the headers by your front doors... hehehe......u can do that in OK, no inspections on cars anymore....hehe....

post #29 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gryphon1011
A butterfly hood. What do you do if the problem is in the middle?

Yo momma sure does care about your schoolin&#39; , son.....my,my,my!
You don&#39;t say much do you?
eh, eh, eh, eh, eh...
post #30 of 191 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 11:30 PM

Ricers KNOW that any good NOS sticker is automatically going to add +5 hp... +7 if there is no actual NOS system installed... but I have th secret... The DoD Sticker... GUARANTEED TO ADD +30 hp TO YOUR RIDE! And guess what? It's cheap! It only costs you 4 years of your free life!

hmmm... was that too sarcastic?

(visit your recruiter todayâ„¢)

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/aslater18/tcca/DoD.jpg' alt='' width='800' height='600' class='attach' />

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page