Worthless Modifications - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Adam B.

Any "Chip" costing less than $50 where you don't have to give them you're computer's code. It's the worthless IAT mod, not a chip. My brother was taken in by this and got ripped off $10. So sad....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:58 AM
mwt
Crazy Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by mikehawk@Jan 17 2004, 08:34 AM
Mounting a fire extingusher in your seventeen second beast.
A fire extinguisher is a good idea in any car

"If you're a fan of getting into fat girls' pants, Dave Matthews Band CDs are the greatest invention since a ham on a fishing pole.

If I had known there was going to be a test I would have studied

94gl Vulcan totalled 4-01-04
99 LX FFV-purchased 4-17-04 totalled 5-17-06 untotalled on 9-2-07 and back on the road
New Paint coming soon
2000 SES Duratec
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 SEL Duratec this thing has everything but a spoiler
post #13 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to sfblacksel
Actually Doc, those are hydraulic operated wheelie bars and the put a majority of the cars weight on the front wheels. So, yes they do help with traction. In my opinion, if you are going to go that far, why not just do the front wheel drive to rear wheel drive conversion. I mean it is like making a full on race car out of a street car and it doesn't make since. There has to be a limit somewhere along the line.

My fire extinguisher is in the trunk so it is out of the way, especially in an accident. And no it isn't chrome . I like to draw attention to my performance mods, not my safety mods. Dude check out my chromed antilock brake sylinoid.

2010 Mercedes C300, Steel Gray on Black, stock for now...
2003 Taurus SEL Centennial
Removed Intake Silencer, Hard-wired Radar Detector, Custom tint, Custom Stereo..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jan 17 2004, 05:10 PM
Actually Doc, those are hydraulic operated wheelie bars and the put a majority of the cars weight on the front wheels. So, yes they do help with traction. In my opinion, if you are going to go that far, why not just do the front wheel drive to rear wheel drive conversion. I mean it is like making a full on race car out of a street car and it doesn't make since. There has to be a limit somewhere along the line.

My fire extinguisher is in the trunk so it is out of the way, especially in an accident. And no it isn't chrome . I like to draw attention to my performance mods, not my safety mods. Dude check out my chromed antilock brake sylinoid.
Those kind of wheelie bars are not legal by any sanction body I have looked at. The standard is that all wheelie bars have to be off the ground with no way of having them contact the ground without lifting to front suspension to prevent people from using then to stop weight transfer.

So that makes wheelies on a FWD a useless mod.

1998 Plymouth Voyager Green

1994 Sable 3.8 Wagon Beige head Gasket Blown Scrapping
1991 SHO MTX Green Scrapped
Retired 1999 Taurus SE /w Zex'd Vulcan
Retired 1988 Taurus L /w Vulcan
post #15 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to sfblacksel
Cool!!!!
Good call Patrick.

2010 Mercedes C300, Steel Gray on Black, stock for now...
2003 Taurus SEL Centennial
Removed Intake Silencer, Hard-wired Radar Detector, Custom tint, Custom Stereo..........

post #16 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick Norris+Jan 17 2004, 05:28 PM-->QUOTE (Patrick Norris @ Jan 17 2004, 05:28 PM)
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-sfblacksel
Quote:
@Jan 17 2004, 05:10 PM
Actually Doc, those are hydraulic operated wheelie bars and the put a majority of the cars weight on the front wheels.* So, yes they do help with traction.* In my opinion, if you are going to go that far, why not just do the front wheel drive to rear wheel drive conversion.* I mean it is like making a full on race car out of a street car and it doesn't make since.* There has to be a limit somewhere along the line.

My fire extinguisher is in the trunk so it is out of the way, especially in an accident.* And no it isn't chrome .* I like to draw attention to my performance mods, not my safety mods.* Dude check out my chromed antilock brake sylinoid.
Those kind of wheelie bars are not legal by any sanction body I have looked at. The standard is that all wheelie bars have to be off the ground with no way of having them contact the ground without lifting to front suspension to prevent people from using then to stop weight transfer.

So that makes wheelies on a FWD a useless mod. [/b]
Actually, This is quite common and perfectly allowable as far as the tracks are concerned.

One of the 10 second GTPs is running a set.

Those aren&#39;t training wheels coming out it&#39;s ass...

Don&#39;t take SLOW for an answer!
post #17 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 03:45 PM
fvt

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc@Jan 17 2004, 03:09 AM
how about COLD air intakes that do not actually draw in cold air. Instead they just pull in the engine compartment's hot air.
DOC - That is SHORT RAM INTAKE. Takes in hot air from the engine
Its sole purpose to make car sound nicer.
============================
ALSO those ebay turbo noise makers. ANYTHING YOU SEE IN FAST AND FURIOUS!
post #18 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 02:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to 9824vdohc
I just bought a "short ram intake". I have noticed some pickup increase, but are you saying that all it does is make the car sound cool?

98 DURATEC SE 73k
Short Ram intake---<span style=\'color:blue\'>Kool blue Cone Filter
2.25 " mandrel pipes from cats to muffler
Heartthrob aluminized glasspack for resonator
Flowmaster 40-series muffler

Loudest Bull that I have heard here in Charlotte, NC.
post #19 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 02:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to diesel600
Quote:
Originally posted by 9824VDOHC@Mar 2 2004, 03:13 PM
I just bought a "short ram intake". I have noticed some pickup increase, but are you saying that all it does is make the car sound cool?
That's right. Your original intake took in cooler air from the fender well. Cooler air is more dense, so it contains more oxygen per unit volume. More oxygen lets you burn more fuel, in turn making more power. A short ram intake takes in hot air from the engine compartment. Hot air = less dense = less oxygen = less fuel = less power.

1999 SE Duratec (My Car)
2000 SE Duratec (Parents&#39; Car)
1993 GL Vulcan (Retired)
post #20 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smola97GL@Jan 17 2004, 06:00 AM
*I think that metal bolt ons for your pedals is worthless.
Well while I agree some, if not alot are worthless, some of them do have a definate purpose(unless you live in sunny california or some other place that doesn't get rain. I found after I put the set in my car, I had a much better grip on the pedals. When I put my foot on the pedals I don't want it moving around just under the inertial movement of the car. The only time I want my foot moving on the pedal is when I move it MYSELF. The stock pedal pads do a horrible job, or maybe I'm just picky. The wetter it is the worse it gets. So as for the pedals being a worthless mod, it depends, which ones oyu get, how much you pay and where you live. I picked up a really nice set with good traction for 11 bucks, and you know what? I feel they have been a great safety mod, the fact they look good is just a bonus.

Oh yeah before anyone puts up anything about a shift knob being a worthless mod, it all depends on feel, and height. A knob can change or later hand positioning if you get the right one, which can lead to more comfort, better safety, less fatigue, and quicker shifting. Of course this is just for the guys who have manuals, for those who have auto's well um, then I retract me statement.

To see a picture of me and Caitlin, click the following link.

1982 Datsun 4x4

Lifted 6 inches, 31x10.5x15 Mud Terrain tires.

Blue tinted King Cab Windows, Shaved Head, Weber Carb.

Clarion MP3 deck, Blaupunkt 200 Watt 6" 2way in the kickpanels, Kenwood 1000W 2 channel Sub amp, 2 12" Sony Xplod 1200 Watts Subs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page