Obvservation: Taurus forum vs. Accord forum - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 09:18 AM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
I've found this Taurus forum to be the best and most mature group of people to interact with. I've gained a wealth of helpful information and really appreciate the contributions that fellow members have made. I also belong to a Mustang forum where the maturity, mentality and "tribal" behavior of some members has a lot to be desired. While the Mustang forum has been informative, I've found that if you counter some "elite" member's information, you get a barrage of hate from their followers. It seems that these certain "elites" live on and for these particular forums. I actually grew weary of this behavior and seldom participate in their activities. The last time that I was on their forum I saw where the administration had initiated more rules, but I still refrain from participating for the most part.

I happen to own an elderly Taurus that I've maintained since it was new and intend to keep as long as practicable. I much prefer interacting and participating here on this forum. As for my vintage Mustang, I know it inside and out and found that their new rules are restrictive to those who are offering assistance without asking a certain number of questions. I don't know if that's going to stimulate participation or not, but I'll allow them to carry on without me.

To all, have a great day and enjoy your rides as I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 11:26 AM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2014
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

It's probably going to depends on the individual forum you are on, but on the Mustang forums I am on, I've seen nothing but respect and almost a community between the members, especially when new people post. Of course, I can think of a few forums that have the same sort of elitism, as well as some FB forums as well, so I avoid them. For the most part I have a couple I stick with.

This forum also shares the same maturity, even if the traffic is much less. Perhaps it's the demographics of the vehicle owner? who knows.

2014 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L FWD
1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 10:03 AM

Chapter: Please Select a Region:
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Garage
I am a member of a few forums related to my vehicles and TCCA is by far the most welcoming and relaxed. No questions are stupid questions, we are all of different levels of expertise and experience and nobody looks down on anybody.

2013 Taurus SHO with Performance Package: Air Raid Cold Air Intake: Magnaflow twin pipes with performance mufflers: De-baged. SCT X4 93 Canned Tune,( 3bar map sensor, 170 thermostat, gapped plugs to be installed), smoke tint headlights
Other rides:
- 1993 Kawasaki ZX7
- 1988 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 5sp RWD - restored
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page