Computer world has really changed! - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 05:13 PM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2005
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesavo View Post
If you want to give w10 a second chance, Download the June 2017 version of hp softpaq download manager. Make sure you have the latest softpaqs.

HP SoftPaq Download Manager Release Notes | HP Client Management Solutions

If you want to go back, and don't have the media, there's a chance you can get it from HP.

Call HP and ask for restore media. I have had some success calling the enterprise support number. Have the serial number and p/n ready.
If they try to get you to pay, ask them If they can do it as a courtesy.else hangup and ask the next rep.

If you can get a windows 7 pro disc from another hp, that will work. No activation is nessesaey since it looks at the bios for the product code.

I'll look around. I have an iso of one here, somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have already created the original recovery discs for my HP 250 G4. I don't see the need to go back to Windows 7, unless Microsoft changes Windows 10 enough to the point that it will tick me off. (At that point, support for 7 will likely be over). Basically I wanted to take advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade, activate it, then revert back to 7, preserving the free upgrade eligibility for the future. But 10 ended up being faster and more compatible with the hardware, so I kept it.

Yes, my HP is new enough to have the product key coded in the BIOS, and this is the way Windows 10 will activate without a product key on hand. I also found and backed up the original drivers and installers on the hard drive along with updated & Windows 10 versions from HP's website to a disc, so that I can preform a clean install of Windows 10 and reinstall the included software (the ones that I want, that is), mimicking a HP recovery disc that would have contained Windows 10 instead of 7.

I have already converted the drive to a GPT partition table using MBR2GPT and turned on UFEI. All of which will need to be reversed for running Windows 7 again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Taurus SE
Vulcan OHV Engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in