Living out of a car w/out preparation - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2000
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ForrestBob Send a message via Yahoo to ForrestBob
Living out of a car w/out preparation

Okay, now, I know y'all think i'm crazy (you're not wrong), but, I need some advice on how to live out of my car for the next couple of weeks.

I can't go home, so it'll just be school and work. I only have half a tank of gas, and no money to buy any more gas or food.
The only food I have in my car is a 12 pack of PopTarts, a cup of pudding, and a banana.
I also have a 4G LTE tablet and a laptop, and the school has free wifi and plenty of charging ports.
I only have 2 CDs, Neil Young/Crazy Horse - Live Rust, and Echoes - The Best of Pink Floyd
Gas around here is about $2.97, and the Sheetz beside the school sells E85 for $2.50.
I only have 3 pennies, a few Canadian coins, and about $5 on my debit card.
It's about 30 min to/from work and school.

Oh, and my car is a red 2000 Taurus SE SVG 6 seat sedan with premium sound, a FFV Vulcan, a misfire in cylinder 2, and a half gallon or more of spare 50/50 mix coolant in the back seat

Basically, I need some tips on how to survive these next 2 weeks.

And how should I sleep? In the drivers seat? In the back seat? in the trunk? on the roof?

Most problems are the result of a loose nut connecting the steering wheel to the pedals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MY SPIRIT ANIMAL IS A WALRUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Year: 1999
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Well, look on the bright side, if you could only have two CDs you could do worse than Neil Young and Pink Floyd.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2000
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ForrestBob Send a message via Yahoo to ForrestBob
Haha, I guess!

Alas, I've just remembered one more detail....my dad technically owns the car, so he could report it as stolen.
And with a misfiring engine, outrunning the cops might not be an option.

Most problems are the result of a loose nut connecting the steering wheel to the pedals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MY SPIRIT ANIMAL IS A WALRUS

Last edited by jag1959; 11-07-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page