Local Wrecker - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Eastern Canada

Trader Score: 0 reviews
So, I have had an issue with a local wrecker, well 45kms outside of the city.

I originally had emailed about an engine out of a 2003 Taurus, Code U. I asked about the price. He replied it had 264k, and wanted $600 (585 USD) for it. I was polite in all of my replies, yet this is how the conversation played out.

Me: How many kms on this car and how much for the engine?

WreckerTHESE CARS COME WITH 3 DIFFERENT ENGINES....CALL FROM 8-5 MON-FRI PLEASE...THKS DARIN

Me:I'm looking for the 12V non ffv engine. Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Virgin Mobile.
Wrecker264 kms
runs perfect
$600

Me:Thanks. I can get one with a fraction of the mileage from another recycler as per car-parts.com for less. 600 for 264k, not a fair deal at all. Thanks for getting back to me. Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Virgin Mobile.
Wreckergood for you................thanks for letting me know !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MeYou know I can't really say I am pleased with your "professional" attitude. It is too bad really, I see your listings on kijiji often and was curious to hear back from you, and usually your prices do seem "right"... Based on all three of your replies, I wouldn't recommend anybody to you. Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Virgin Mobile.

WreckerJust remember when you are pointing YOUR finger at someone else,there is 3 pointing back at you.When you go to Walmart and see something that isnt priced right do you hunt down the manager and tell him that you can get a better deal ? Or do you go home and email them a letter to them that their prices are not fair ? Spare me with your drama......you are acting like a high maintenance women !

MeActually, yes, if something is not priced competitively, or in line with the value of the item in respect to their competitors, yes, that is what I do, it is what everybody does, and is the basis for many retailers offering to match plus discount 10% if an item is found elsewhere for cheaper. That was an extremely poor argument. Why would I communicate with you in any fashion other than email? It was the original medium used; I told you I could get a better deal, but thanks anyways, and you took issue with it. Not my fault the item you are offering for sale is overpriced. Fingerpointing, heh, well, I am not sure who was doing any finger pointing or taunting here, perhaps you should look at the man in the mirror, because I wasn't, i was stating factual information; you copped out and called me a high maintenance woman. Like I said. Thanks, but no thanks.

Wreckerhmmm sounds like you should take all your knowledge and buy a wrecking yard !! then I can play your game with you....thanks for your help ...we have now implied a NO REPLY TO EMAILS anymore so we dont have to deal with people like yourself.....

MeIts okay, I am taking the liberty of posting this entire conversation on Kijiji under the heading Glencoe Autorecyclers.

Thanks, have a nice day.

WreckerBen Tunstall,expect a visit from the authorities.I have called a local police officer who is a good friend of mine and he said that he will take care of this matter.You have been harrassing me all day.

MeThat is fine, I expect them soon, it is not harassment when you can block the emails as junk.

I don't belive i was rude or snarky until i told him i was going to post it all on kijiji. And how is it harassment when its one email back and forth; I email him, he emails me back.

Hopefully nobody I know supports his company.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:57 PM
mwt
Crazy Devoted Member

Dude took what you said wrong and it went south from there.

You also have to remember a wrecker/salvage yard operator is not a normal retailer.

Either let it go or kick his ass.

Mike

"If you're a fan of getting into fat girls' pants, Dave Matthews Band CDs are the greatest invention since a ham on a fishing pole.

If I had known there was going to be a test I would have studied

94gl Vulcan totalled 4-01-04
99 LX FFV-purchased 4-17-04 totalled 5-17-06 untotalled on 9-2-07 and back on the road
New Paint coming soon
2000 SES Duratec
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 SEL Duratec this thing has everything but a spoiler
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Banned

Chapter: Midwest

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Watch out for that cop friend of his.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Eastern Canada

Well I am clearly not going to do business with him, so I am going to let it go. It still irritates me, and as for his cop friend, not sure I am worried about that; If it comes down to it, and he in fact does call his friend, Im recording the whole conversation, (not without him knowing). If it is threatening in anyway, I'll just talk to my g/fs step dad who is a high rank officer. So yeah, not too concerned.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to risoworker Send a message via MSN to risoworker
if you can get it cheaper some where else then why keep going back and forth with him.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM

QUOTE (risoworker @ Jan 18 2010, 07:44 PM)
Quote:
if you can get it cheaper some where else then why keep going back and forth with him. [/b]
actually you were the instigator of this one. You could have just said thanks and been on your way, but you made it a point to tell him that he was overpriced and rubbed it in. If you really could have gotten it somewhere else cheaper, you should have just gotten it there and been done with it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page