For All Of You That Do Not Know Me Or My History, Please Take A Look... - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Thank you for sharing your story. This post is now pinned.

I hope this is an inspiration to many, many others.

Glad you are with us.

-Jason Kennedy
97 Expedition EB 4x4 5.4L, Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan Conversion, Flowmaster exhaust, Hawk Brakes, TransGo Shift Kit, High Output Alternator, Modified Air Suspension, HD Bilstein Shocks, Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo tires
06 Mustang GT, 13.85 @99.9, Ford Racing Handling Pack, Ford Racing Exhaust, K&N Intake, Hawk Brakes, Race Rubber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to choikzilla Send a message via Yahoo to choikzilla
Wow.... Thank you for having the curage to tell your story, and thank the Lord for being here... I hope many people read this and think twice. Good luck in your continued recovery!

Racing is for the track.... Crusing is for the streets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1999 Taurus SE 153k miles bought 2/5/2010
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 06:07 PM

i have a brother who had a similar incident 2 years ago......physically, he's almost as capable as before (one eye is completely blind) but mentally, he's a totally different person.....he went from a giving, considerate, responsible guy to a total jerk and that's just who he is nowadays......it still breaks my heart how things turned out.....he was only 20 when it happened and had a future but i'm pretty sure he'll turn into his father now; a useless addict with NO dreams to speak of..............

people often forget the MENTAL toll an accident can take on you, even if you're totally fine physically......

glad you made it out alive and able to live life the way you want......i'd have traded an arm or leg to prevent it ever happening to my brother....he's not the same and we're not close anymore.....live and learn though....the smart ones learn from the mistakes of others

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 04:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to sw1tch_nut Send a message via Yahoo to sw1tch_nut
I don't want to be like everyone else and just say.. i feel sorry... good your still with us.. blah blah. you made a mistake and this was the result.. i'm sure your a good guy and it's a big misfortune this happened.. i used to be the same way.. in my first car i acquired about 7 tickets.. in 3-4 months.. i got stopped going 125 on a highway posted at 60 mph... and i've had MANY close calls.. and ran a few people off the road.. that was when i was 17

i'm 21 now.. and have 13 tickets, but i can honestly say that i've calmed down.. i've lost a few good freinds to thier wreckless driving.. alot of money, and a few cars (no wrecks.. just over-worked them)

to add to your message.. i used to be one of those who'd show off.. when i was alone i drove perfect.. when i had someone with me.. or a cutie next to me.. i went insane.. it's all a big joke now with my freinds and family but i'm lucky to still be here today, i can't even count all the close calls. shoulder dodges, quick brakes, and all the times i've almost been run over by semis while flying by at 110 mph..

drive carefull.. there's a place for fun and place for business.. know where it goes..

but in the end.. yes i'm glad your still with us.. and yes it does make me feel bad for you, but as they say.. bad things happen to good people.. just keep in touch with your freinds and family the best you can.. and just look to the future.. everything will work out in one way or another.

(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

interior lighting
pioneer head
memphis 5.25 front
memphis 5x7 rear
memphis 12" subs
1k watt amp
auxilary battery with 4gauge wiring
BIG BOOM LITTLE CAR
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Wow.

That is a story worth telling. Lots of people need to hear that.

2002 Chrysler 300M Special - 1968 Mustang Fastback - 1994 Subaru Legacy 5-sp.
ex-1995 MTX SHO - ex-1993 Vulcan GL
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:57 AM
fvt

Quite a testimony. I am glad I read this. Even though i never street raced anyone, I often get urges to do so with the G35.
But as soon as I hit the gas, I realize that it simply is not worth it; no need to prove a point. life is short and fragile with unexpected twist and curves.

thank you for sharing this with all of us.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mcloud1 Send a message via Yahoo to Mcloud1
I found your story to be absolutely amazing. I know that there are many kids at my school that race and/or drive fast to impress girls. Anybody who streetraces should read your story to see what it can do to them. no matter how good of a driver you are, there is no way to make your invincible to this. Your story is inspiring. This can prove to be a good lesson to any street racers. Take it to the Track.

"If anyone sees an older black guy wearing a grey hoodie, with a really nice ergonomic snow shovel running down Astoria Boulevard in Queens, feel free to swerve and run his ass over. Bonus points if you bring me back my shovel." -- Racer X

"If Nick would save all his money from buying Taurus/Sable promotional material he could own a real car" --lithy

"Get slammed on wild turkey, leave the bottle under the brake pedal and start aiming for nuns! or orphans! or nuns carrying orphans double word score yahtzeeeee
oed83r37rggd git r dunnnnn!!" -- TrueBlue

BTW, the Taurus mentioned in my profile is the Taurus I want to own. I don't actually own a Taurus, yet.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Devoted Member

I know this is a somewhat old topic, But I finally decided to post here.

Ryan,

I'm personally very touched by your story. I've been a long time fan of SRT's - I owned one for about a year, I know 2 people in my local area who have died while driving their SRT's (both were being VERY stupid behind the wheel)

I wanted to let you know that your story needs to be heard by alot of people. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to share this story with my local SRT forum if you don't mind. Maybe it can save a life.

Again, I'm glad that things are more back to normal for you, and I'm even more glad that innocent people didn't die. Powerful cars, racing, and wet roads are a deadly combo.

"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36

Newest member of the family: '00 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Previous members: 2K4 Red SRT (SOLD) | 2k2 White R/T (SOLD) | 2k3 Blaze Red SXT *RIP*
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 1988
Model: Ford Taurus Wagon
Engine: 3.2L Yamaha V6

Thanks, you made me realize why I drive a Taurus, I do not trust any other car with my life, but a Taurus/Sable.

1988 Ford Taurus SHO Wagon - 1995 Mercury Sable LS Wagon -
1996 Buick Roadmaster Wagon
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 09:54 PM

I know what you've been through as I've been through it myself in a similar situation but I wasn't the driver. I had to have a rod put all the way through my left humerus (large single upper arm bone), and my nose was almost ripped off of my face. The people in the emergency room were amazed that I didn't have worse damage, as I WASN'T wearing a seatbelt and ALL of the windows on the work truck I was in were open because the A/C didn't work. The guy in the front seat went out the window in the accident and the truck rolled over him and killed him on the scene. The other guy that was with me had his left ankle SNAPPED in two, his foot was literally just flopping around when they took him out of the truck. I was last because they had to pry the door open to get me out. But I walked out. They actually said if I wouldn't have been such a large person (6' 4" and about 400lbs) that I would have likely gone out the window or been dead from all the hits I took while the vehicle was rolling into the woods. I had bruises on my bruises and was out of work for about a year and a half. My left arm still isn't 100% but it works pretty well. My humerus got broken in 2 places. The top break healed perfectly, but the bottom one was stubborn and healed in a huge ball of bone, so the muscles get sore easy from rubbing against it. They say I don't need any more work on it, but I think it will need to be sawed down or something because it hurts a lot when I use it too much (which is all the time). My nose healed to where you can't really tell it was damaged so bad. If you are interested I have a few pictures I can send you if you'd like to see what I went through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page