Pizza Delivery Confessionals - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
OK, if you are in the know, you know that I got fired from my job as a bowling machinery technician for refusing to do unsafe work.

So, I had to come up with something fast, because I'm not the type to sit on my butt. And I did. I took a job at the local pizza joint running pies. Fortunately, I'm not using the Taurus for this. My little "pizza wagon" consists of a well-worn 1992 Chevrolet Beretta that has a 2.2L four-banger under the hood, and comes with a row-it-yourself gearbox. Plus, it's mostly blue. I'll toss up a pic later. Onto my first day on the job....

My first delivery.....to a well to do gated community, complete with entry guard. I have little patience for these type of things. So, somebody opened the gate with a remote, and I blazed the gate with 90 horsepower of fury. I make my delivery, collect my tip, and get back in the car. When I started it, I realized just how loud it was. My dad put one of these ricer exhausts on it, and I swear, it sounds like a Honda with a fart cannon. At least, that's when I realized it.

I get back to the exit, and Barney Fife is standing in the exit, anxiously awaiting me.

Barney: "You know what you just did was trespassing?"

Zorin: "That's funny. My boss, my customer, and your boss will probably not see it like that. In fact, they'll probably see this as you just trying to get it up because you had a bad day. We done here?"

My second delivery....right back to the same place.

Barney just looks up at me, and i look over at him.

Zorin: "What're the odds?!"

He simply opened the gate this time, no fuss no muss.

Things went pretty easily till a little later, when I got sent to a nasty section of town. I got stiffed on the tip, and it made me want to say some nasty things about the particular person I delivered to. Considering my wit has gotten me in trouble at least once or twice, I decided to let it ride. Got back, cashed out, and called it a day. Didn't do too bad, and more importantly, didn't get lost.

Today!

Place was jumping, and didn't get stiffed once. Using all 90 horsepower, and needing more. But the appearance of the car sure came in handy. I pulled up to one guy's place, and it looked to me like Uncle Escobar was deep in Colombian higher trading practices. But I could have cared less.

Uncle Escobar: "Jesus, look at that ****box. Here, man, take another dollar."

Zorin: "Sweet!"

Like I said, the Beretta was mostly blue....if you discount the primer and rust top, and parts of the car where the paint is peeling off like a bad sunburn.

I get back, and one of my coworkers is grilling me about the Beretta. He told me that I should use a nicer car, and then I told him that he should try driving around in a ****box....it seems to help tips.

And, now, for the main event.....

They sent me to a re-run, one where the other driver couldn't make the delivery. Just my luck, it happened to be a bunch of drunks at a hotel. They told us one room number, and happened to be in another. So, they called, screaming for us to deliver to the other room, saying they wanted the pizza free, all that jazz. So my boss sends me to defuse the situation. This was probably a bad idea on everyone's part.

Drunk dude: "I swear, you goddamn pizza boys couldn't pour piss out of a boot."

Zorin: "Yessir, it'll be $21.64 this evening. I'm terribly sorry about the mix up."

Drunk dude: "$21.64? You mean I have to pay for this pizza, and this pizza, and some no-good dip**** to deliver it?"

Zorin: "Yeah....$21.64, and have some respect, or I'll kick your ass."

I got a thirty six cent tip from him......this job's gonna be fun, I tell ya what.

Zorin
DoctorHugocat likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

Congrats on the new job! I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories to share with us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
] - [
]
Ford Lincoln Mercury Sable? A personal conveyance named after its inventor, an
assassinated ruler, a character from Greco-Roman myth and a small furry mammal.
post #3 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 01:58 AM

Looks like I got caught by the topic fairy again! Was expecting some interesting, anecdotal stories of wild experiences while out on the pizza express.

Crappy cars help improve tips. ****boxes, though, make most believe you are working the poor image too much.

post #4 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 03:41 AM

I love Zorin, he sounds so much like me. What is your height and weight for curiosity's sake?
post #5 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 05:36 AM

I remember delivering pizza's in the early 80's as a second job at night. Made some have decent cash. Car was good on gas (don't laugh, it was a Chevette). The only real problem I had was the turkey who took the pizza out of my hands and slammed the door shut. I wouldn't leave till he paid... he was pretty reluctant till I told him I was calling the police. The boss was a little upset when I got back until I told him what the customer did. They highlighted his address for all drivers after that. I worked there for a few years, but was glad to escape it when armed robberies became the rage. Just wasn't worth getting shot over.

Keep safe, and have a blast... I do remember some fun times that made it worthwhile.

1994 Mercury Sable GS Wagon (3.8L) (Sadly Retired)

See our new rides at our Supermotors page below....

post #6 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to millermagic
I wouldn't do that job unless I carried a side arm.

I'd rather have a rustbucket than a rice rocket!
post #7 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Devoted Member

So, Zorin, the question that I've always wondered in my mind is, how much pizza do you guys actually eat?

post #8 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 07:29 AM

If you carry a side arm with Pizza Hut you get fired.
post #9 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest

Send a message via MSN to fordtaurus2000 Send a message via Yahoo to fordtaurus2000
I think his stories are funny. Nothing wrong with driving ****box!!! That thing should get better gas milage too.

8 Ford Family - 1994 Wagon GL - 1995 SHO MTX -2005 SEL Wagon - 2000 SEL - COTM April '07
ASE Master Auto Body Tech
ASE Mechanic
post #10 of 353 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 09:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to MaltaTaurus69 Send a message via Yahoo to MaltaTaurus69
I just left my Pizza Delivery job, and I must say, it was a good time. As long as your using a car you don't really care about, it's all good. The Cougar did help my tips towards the end, as it definitely fit the ****box description. Enjoy the job man!

Lucas

'93 GL Dk Blue (RIP)
'93 GL Dk Blue Police Package (RIP)
'94 GL Lt Blue (RIP)
'91 SHO Black MTX (SOLD)
'94 SHO Red ATX (Current)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page