1995 Taurus 3.0 L Vulcan Sstatic timing? Now no crank - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

Trader Score: 0 reviews
1995 Taurus 3.0 L Vulcan Sstatic timing? Now no crank

Trying to get car running after head replacement. Crank from cabin with key the look fo marks on dampener. Found a mark on dampener had to remove and reset distributor to line up rotor to number one post on cap. Not sure if found the correct mark. See attached image.
Have not see my remote start push button in 25 years. Most of my old fords have fender mount solenoid So I tried a long screwdriver on the top front post of the solenoid to the one behind and below. I now know this is the grounded post of the solenoid. It sparked extremely; now it does not crank.
Mega fuses all good.

Any help appreciated .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190407_114422 -m2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	208461  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like FE View Post
Trying to get car running after head replacement. Crank from cabin with key the look fo marks on dampener. Found a mark on dampener had to remove and reset distributor to line up rotor to number one post on cap. Not sure if found the correct mark. See attached image.
Have not see my remote start push button in 25 years. Most of my old fords have fender mount solenoid So I tried a long screwdriver on the top front post of the solenoid to the one behind and below. I now know this is the grounded post of the solenoid. It sparked extremely; now it does not crank.
Mega fuses all good.

Any help appreciated .
All you need is a short wire with a quarter inch spade connector on one end. And fuse locations and wire diag to show which hole is which. Pic is G-4 for starter. Same works for hot wire A/C for checking clutch or holding clutch for removal.

And there is a "witness mark" on the dist and the intake manifold. Line them up and you should be really close.

-chart-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JumperWire.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	208463  

Last edited by chartmaker; 04-08-2019 at 07:06 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2005
Model: Ford Taurus

Have you checked the fuses in the underhood fuse box?

Mike, the OP is talking about a 95...... completely different electrical system compared to the G3 and G4 Tauri.

05 Taurus SEL Duratec - my daily driver
04 Taurus SES Duratec - wifes car - TOTALED
06 Taurus SE Vulcan - wifes new ride
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter car
Toy #1 - 86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner) - LOTS of mods
Toy #2 - 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe - LOTS of mods
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Yes, as stated Mega Fuses all okay.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:17 PM
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2005
Model: Ford Taurus

What happens of you run a jumper from the batt pos terminal to the solenoid on the starter that has the thinner wire on it?

05 Taurus SEL Duratec - my daily driver
04 Taurus SES Duratec - wifes car - TOTALED
06 Taurus SE Vulcan - wifes new ride
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter car
Toy #1 - 86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner) - LOTS of mods
Toy #2 - 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe - LOTS of mods
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

1995 Taurus 3.0 L Vulcan static timing? Now crank, no start

Overnight I charged the car battery and my jumpbox. Today I purchased a remote start switch.

I was now able to line marks on the dampener and the timing pointer. See picture for reference to the marks and pointer. Now lined up with spout out timing now is 10 degrees btc, but will not start. Spray into filter Berman B12 chemtool to see if it would help it fire. No luck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190408_175416 - m2 (2).jpg
Views:	11
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	208465  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Car Running and Driving

1) Could not get it to fire with charged Battery or jump box. Found battery would not be at 12.0 volts after sitting a few hours.

2) Jumped with running car. No luck Put brass marine terminals on cables instead of the metal OEM terminals.

3) Redetermine if distributor is in correct spot. I was not.

4) Started. Drove it. Used jump box for a day and a half. Bought new Battery.(Thank You Napa fits in a bucket sale)

5) Little things: Dash indicator lights some burned out, some intermittent. Have LEDS and LL bulbs.

Air Bad light flashing 53 code till lamp burned out. Suspect Air Bag Sensor that is on core support that I left connected but dangling down for a couple of months.

Brake Light switch and connector. Fiddling with connection under dash to get it out of park or finding our that cruise control will not cut off. Replaced melted connector have new switch. Keep hitting assembly with my foot on both the 1995 and 2002. Never had the problem driving assigned Fleet Sable then Taurus Wagon Models for same company from 1987 model to 1998. New one most every Year until we could order 1999 Windstar. 1995 was a fleet car for that company that a relative bought with less than 8000 mile on it in for the first year. From then till I acquired it it was garaged, dealer serviced and driven about 10k miles a year. Still has hone on cylinder walls.

Found out yesterday I need a A/C recharge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page