Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Identifying Alternator connector 07 Taurus

863 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Automender12345 
#1 ·
Hi!

I need help ASAP, I just replaced my alternator and battery, noticed the yellow cable on the alternator was burnt, which has been since I got the car - but now the connector itself is burnt up, melted right on!! If it helps at all, the nut that goes on top of it is 10mm....

My husband blames me, though he's been driving it all day. He is not currently here, I couldn't say where it connects to.

This is the Vulcan 3.0l v6 (image from google, not my own). It is not the alternator connector (the square pin one), it is the one directly above it, I circled the connector that is burnt, and outlined where the connector leads.

Can someone please help me identify this cable, and if possible, tell me where I can buy the replacement? (I checked O'Reilly, which is my preferred parts store - maybe Autozone, NAPA, Sierra Summit Racing? I'm from Nevada, any help is appreciated!!)

Thank you very very much!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It is not called a battery cable and it goes from the alternator to the power distribution fuse/relay box. That connection seems to get pretty hot and on my Vulcans the cable end is turning brown also. The alternator connector stud needs to be clean and bright to prevent a high resistance connection that heats up and causes the overheating issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.