Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Looking for Torque Bracket Assembly P/N 4F1Z 6P086AA

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  lab40XB 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am having a lot of problems finding a "dog bone" torque mount for a 2004 Ford Taurus wagon SEL with DOHC engine. The rubber in the torque mount is cracking. I appreciate your advise what I should do.

Attached first file is a PDF drawing, the part number called out is 6P086. On the part, the top half is as shown in the photo, the bottom is a mounting bracket.

This part is no longer available from Ford. If we can't source a replacement part, do you guys know any shops that specialize in removing the cracked rubber insert from the original part and able to replace a new rubber insert?

Thank you,

David Chen
Mobile 408-828-0731

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rockauto

#4 ·
I think the official name is called a Torque Strut. But I would need to get a picture of the lower part of it to find it in my catalog.

Can you get a pic of the lower part?

#6 ·
Ok, the part -MIGHT- still available from Ford dealers, but only whats remaining on the shelves at the dealers thruout the nation. I see your in Michigan, and I am unable to do a dealer parts inventory search for that region. I cant search east of Salina, Kansas.

It lists for 72.12. Its going to be a matter of finding a Ford dealer that is willing to do a dealer inventory search for your area, or even nation wide.

I was able to call one of my Ford parts Vendors in California, and the California region does not have it. And my region, 500 miles of Denver, doesnt have it either.

If that fails, I am not sure what to do. The mount changes radically for the Montego/500 in 2005, mounting to a strut tower brace, and having the CVT.

Junkyard? But I would imagine they would be in the same condition.

I will keep checking my cross references. I show something odd... The bracket may have changed completely, and the strut that it connects to, 6F050 in the diagram, from your PDF above, shows as a metal hard part. If you search that part, shows as a double insulated piece that looks nothing like the one in the image. I am wondering if this "assembly" was superseded by a different assembly that I cant find references for.

#8 ·
Hello,

I am the actual owner (my friend helps me find parts). Here is an quick update. I finally found a bracket from a junkyard (attached pictures). They said the bracket was used only in 2004...

The bushing looks better than mine but still cracks are there. Do you have any idea about how to improve the condition?

Thank you

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.