TAURUS code P1504, replaced IACV but still says FAULTY?? - Page 5 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 07:27 AM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2005
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus88K View Post
So even though disconnecting the electric connection from the IAC while the engine is running immediately kills the engine you still think your suggestion would be valid?

Also I've seen people mention disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes would help reset, is this another rabbit hole as well?

PCM? Where is it on my 2002? What does it look like? Do I have to remove things to get to it? And is this something within my talent or a newbie?

Thank you for your suggestions!!
The attached Youtube video shows where it is located. He shows where it is just after the 2 minute mark. Unsure for your purposes that you have to remove the intake manifold.

Don't forget to check the grounds talked about in earlier posts if you haven't already. Good luck!

Last edited by pageyjim; 06-02-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Pcm is on pass. firewall. May use the search features top right for pics, etc.
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...c&LH_PrefLoc=3

Can I assume that these are the elusive PCM's that if replaced would likely be a fix-all?

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:31 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Year: 2003

Garage
Quote:

Can I assume that these are the elusive PCM's that if replaced would likely be a fix-all?
PCM on G-4 rare fail. Service at Ford garage showed me a bulletin they had posted with what things to check first and it was a long list. Wish I had a copy but not going to happen.

-chart-
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:

It seems you still have a couple things to check before you make this jump. As Chartmaker says these fail very rarely according to Ford. Ford had my car on and off for weeks and replaced many parts before I had the ecm replaced and it did solve the problem. I ordered from the link I will provide and it works just fine and it came programmed all I had to do was get the keys cut. I got them cut off of the originals you may want to look at getting them cut (not programmed) off the VIN at a locksmith. Ford probably won't be able to do that anymore it seems. You will be able to reprogram at least one of your current keys also upon installation.

I qualify my statement by saying I am not as experienced and not the mechanic that the previous posters are. Good luck keep us informed.

https://www.fs1inc.com/2002-ford-tau...th-keys-1.html
snosaint likes this.
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998

Trader Score: 1 reviews
If you decide to replace the pcm, may source 1 for cheap from a local pick-n-pull jy. Just match the 4 bold characters on the sticker.
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002

Smile Update + more questions to the GENEROUS GROUP!

Greetings most generous group for your effort, honesty and time.

So I am at the end of my abilities both in knowledge of the Taurus and cars in general but more importantly my spine. Just so it's as quick as I can make it I been in the MRI tunnel 8 times in the last 12 years. I have Degenerative joint disorder DJD, Degenerative Disc Disorder DDD, multiple herniated discs, osteoarthritis in my Thoracic and Lumbar spine and I have essentially reached my physical limits when I replaced that last IAC. Twenty-Seven years ago I helped a friend replace his camshaft and put a new oil pan gasket on his old pickup truck and I hated doing it, now I recall that was a glorious time.

I have installed the IAC Motorcraft CX1946 part, cleared codes, even disconnected Neg battery terminal thing and the CEL and P1504 code came back. This was using the Code reader "TheBigDeals", OBDII/EOBD Reader, Model # T001OBD

So considering the brand new IAC, could anyone of you give me your best Price Quote on the cost when I take this 2002 Taurus to a regular mechanic versus a dreaded Dealership? A likely scenario?

I really do appreciate how polite and kind everyone here has been with me, it is rare and should be pointed out especially when you see how heartless people talk to each other on 'other websites'

I look forward to your replies, THANK YOU to those who tried to help this middle aged hillbilly
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Greetings most generous group for your effort, honesty and time.

So I am at the end of my abilities both in knowledge of the Taurus and cars in general but more importantly my spine. Just so it's as quick as I can make it I been in the MRI tunnel 8 times in the last 12 years. I have Degenerative joint disorder DJD, Degenerative Disc Disorder DDD, multiple herniated discs, osteoarthritis in my Thoracic and Lumbar spine and I have essentially reached my physical limits when I replaced that last IAC. Twenty-Seven years ago I helped a friend replace his camshaft and put a new oil pan gasket on his old pickup truck and I hated doing it, now I recall that was a glorious time.

I have installed the IAC Motorcraft CX1946 part, cleared codes, even disconnected Neg battery terminal thing and the CEL and P1504 code came back. This was using the Code reader "TheBigDeals", OBDII/EOBD Reader, Model # T001OBD

So considering the brand new IAC, could anyone of you give me your best Price Quote on the cost when I take this 2002 Taurus to a regular mechanic versus a dreaded Dealership? A likely scenario?

I really do appreciate how polite and kind everyone here has been with me, it is rare and should be pointed out especially when you see how heartless people talk to each other on 'other websites'

I look forward to your replies, THANK YOU to those who tried to help this middle aged hillbilly
I understand where you are coming from. I am not able to do what I once was able to do and have had bad experiences with dealerships. It seems to me that most auto mechanics do not know how to use a meter and only know how to change parts. If I was in the situation you are I would find a mechanic willing to test the things mentioned here in this thread. That would mean they were willing to test for connections and grounds etc. If that didn't work and I was going to change the pcm I would go with a new one from a 3rd party that comes with preprogrammed keys. That would mean that the mechanic would be willing to put in parts you purchased. Most mechanics would suggest going to a dealership for this and that is not an option imo. It would be less than 200 for that ecm with keys. You would have to get them cut. Best way would be from your VIN. Ford won't help you there either and a locksmith is a possibility or you could get them cut from your key. That just means they are a copy of older worn keys. In the end you would have 3 working keys. Probably not a bad idea to use contact cleaner on the wiring harness when reinstalling.
I don't know if the above is the problem it is just what I would do under the circumstances. I wish you luck and hope you keep us informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page