Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Blend door not working?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jag1959 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 Taurus with a 3.8L. Recently I noticed that the I don't get any heat for my defroster (or anywhere for that matter). I don't hear any movement when I move the temp control knob. I found a troubleshooting chart for a 2000 Taurus and worked through it. When I tested the temperature control potentiometer I got a range between 275 and 5360 ohms. The chart for the 2000 says it should be 150 and 4800. Does this mean my control is bad or are the readings different for the older unit? Does anyone have a troubleshooting chart for the '94? Does anyone know what wire colors I could run a jumper across to test the actuator? I hate to remove the dash if I don't have to. I just did that this summer to replace the condensor coil, heater coil and blower. Can't believe I didn't think to replace the actuator at the same time!:angry:

#4 ·
Would this make the fan stop, too? I also have a 99 which recently the heat stopped working on. I can jump the relay and the fan comes on, but nothing happens when I turn it on normally. My temp also constantly reads 0 deg, which since I'm on the coast of northern CA, is not the actual temp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.