TrackLane plug-in? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

Trader Score: 0 reviews
TrackLane plug-in?

I'm new to this 95 Taurus sedan... Can anyone tell me where the diagnostic port is in this car? I have a TrackLane device from Hartford Ins to plug in and I'm not sure where it is...dumb i know...but if anyone knows, I'd greatly appreciate being told Thanks so much in advance!
Sue

Last edited by jag1959; 08-09-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

You can't find it because it is not there. Your insurer has probably provided you an OBD-II device. OBD-II began in '96

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

TrackLane plug-in?

I'm sorry about not getting back in here, but it's hard to find posted messages But I finally found it OK...jag says that my TrackLane is probably an OBDII device, and that there's not a port for me to plug it into? This is from my insurance company. At any rate....it's just a smallish black plastic thing (says OCTO on it)with a large pronged opening on the end to plug into something. Is there any diagnostic ports in this Taurus at all? It's a 95...I think They look the same to me. Anyway...thanks for the answer, but wouldn't the insurance company know if a 95 could take one of these? I just wonder why one was sent. I did ask for it for an added discount. Thanks to all who responded

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Ok...found my own answer I had to have TrackLane assist though. My Taurus is a 96, and they were nice enough to send me a screenshot of where it is YAY....thanks to all who helped
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

You previously had your car listed as a '95. Had it shown as a '96 I would gladly have posted a pic for you

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page