Windows intermittently inoperative. - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Eastern Canada
Year: 2005
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Windows intermittently inoperative.

Wondering if anyone else has run across this issue. I haven't had time to look into this as I am trying moving to another home soon.

Here is my issue, when I start the car at least 50% all my power windows cease operation. The master switch and all other switches do nothing, no click, nothing. Sometimes, like tonight for example, I was lowering both front windows and half way down they both stopped. I tried turning the car off and restarting it with no change. It wasn't until I turned the car off, opened the door and then put the key to accessory, then the window started working again. It happened again 10 minutes later, but this time I only had to turn the car off, then turned the ignition to accessory. The wife said this has been happening quite often and what works for her before was putting the car into gear.

I will be looking into this probably next month when I get some time. I;m just wondering if there is anything that I could easily check or look at for the time being. I'm almost wondering if this could be related to the GEM, but I do not have any other issues with the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

Trader Score: 0 reviews
[QUOTE] It wasn't until I turned the car off, opened the door and then put the key to accessory, then the window started working again. : Try Wiggling around your rubber protector for the door wiring loom in your drivers door while open pushing your window buttons and see if you get intermittent or continuous operation while doing so!

402 RWHP 910 FT.LBS.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PDR dyno days May 2004.

Last edited by 249hp; 09-02-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page